• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This'd make a nice portable case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crazy Jayhawk

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1773359654

That's an old Kaypro computer. The keyboard latches into place on the rest of the case so you can carry the whole unit. I read a bit more about it and apparently the case is made of aluminum.

If you could get a small LCD screen, it'd work great where the CRT is now, and fitting a new keyboard into it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm content with the case I have, but I figured maybe some of you guys would get some ideas from this. :beer:

And smaller still...
(15"x12"x3.6")

I've seen the one you're talking about a number of places but it seems bulkier than it needs to be. If you're building a system that small your primary concern is porbably NOT going to be the ability to upgrade to the newest this or that. Low-Profile cases are just starting to gain a foothold in the end-user market because they require less desk space.

I also have a Mac Plus shell that I'll probably never get around to using. It could fit a 9" LCD screen and a Flex ATX system if I wanted to bother.

vacuumac.jpg

yeah u kud go to a lan party with those computers. just mod it to have wheels, and may add an engine so u kud ride on it on the way to the lan party :D

Back