• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoroughbred unlocked by MB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

OK, I have heard that an asus KT400 MB will give you access to all the multipliers on an AMD thoroughbred WITHOUT DOING ANY BRIDGE WORK!

1) Can anyone please confirm this?

2) Is this ONLY for t-breds, or xps too?

3) any other mbs that do this?

Thanks

did they ever make t-bred 1600+? if so where can I get one?

is there any chance the nforce2 boards will have this capability and why haven't we heard about this sooner in reviews and such? I mean this is HUGE!

ooh well unlocking you xp isnt that great big of a deal i did it in 5 minutes with an unlocking kit i got from somewhere cant remember exactly. I think high speed ps or just search on google.com.

I did it oh so carefully and only got whole number multi's (i.e. missing 11.5, only had 10 or 11). I used some defogger stuff from Parts America (EXPENSIVE AND CRAPPY) and red non-metallic nail polish for filler. Going to nail-polish-remove the job and try again. Hopefully if NFORCE2 can come out soon see if I can hit 2.0 gig on air :) wishful thinking but I'm determined...

t-bred 1600+?

wildbilly2k said:
ooh well unlocking you xp isnt that great big of a deal i did it in 5 minutes with an unlocking kit i got from somewhere .......

Glad it worked for you. There are ......

A) some here that have ruined a 1600 XP when they tried to unlock and

B) some who are to ...... cautious to unlock (or volt mod :)

There are hard core, medium core, and soft core ocers. A bios that does everything, including unlocking the chip, opens up a whole new world of ocing for the softcore folks. Today, the softcores usually just up the FSB. P4 (1.6A or 1.8A) FSB 100 upted to 133 is a very common, well liked softcore OC.

Being able to unlock the multi in the bios is huge for many ocers. SO FAR, I have only seen it verified for an asus kt400.

Still looking for someone to post success with another board .....

Thanks,

i think everyone should be hard core but what am i saying i am just medium core even though i was sprinting through the internet looking for D*** voltage mod for my D*** mother board and when i found one the setup of there voltage mod looked nothing like my board cause of diff revision. ok sorry im ranting

well i think hard core is water cooling vid card and cpu with 2.2 volts running through the cpu and 3.6 running through the water cooled memory

wildbilly2k said:
i think everyone should be hard core but what am i saying i am just medium core even though i was sprinting through the internet looking for D*** voltage mod for my D*** mother board and when i found one the setup of there voltage mod looked nothing like my board cause of diff revision. ok sorry im ranting

well i think hard core is water cooling vid card and cpu with 2.2 volts running through the cpu and 3.6 running through the water cooled memory

Well, I was going to say that MEDIUM core was water cooled, and hardcore was no more than a 8 week old processor, some form of below ambient cooling, and minimum of 200 FSB.

<wink> maybe there's a level before softcore for the really cautious. :)

Back