• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ti4400 fan adapter unsoldered!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rpckvv

i received my msi geforce4 ti4400 a couple of days ago and was shocked to find that the 2 pin fan adapter was completely unsoldered when i took it out of the static bag...ie- i tried to simply disconnect the fan from the board, but instead, i was able to take out the whole adapter (receiver, whatever)...

this left me with two holes in the board, and i am wondering if this should prevent the computer from booting (ie- posting)...

i placed the ti4400 in my old computer (i'm building a new one and am not able to discern exactly which component is not working with that one), and the computer refused to post...

would this have to do with the lapse in quality control regarding the stock fan (ie- does current have to flow through the two "holes" where the fan adapter used to be in order for the whole card to function?)

if you still dont understand what's up, here's a pic to help:
14-127-034-04.JPG

the white connecter (THE WHOLE THING, WITH THE FAN STILL ATTACHED) comes out...what i mean by this is that the pins that come out on the back of the board are not soldered on...like if one of the capacitors werent soldered on...i can just pull it out!!!

i'm not really planning on using the stock cooler anyway, because i have a 1U HSF that i wish to put on the gpu...

help would be greatly appreciated

-peter

maybe u should attach the fan 2 any unused power connector (floppy or cd rom power connectors)

if u'll wanna try this, cables must attached like that
"black 2 black, red 2 yellow"

be carefull!!! good luck! :)

yeah send it back. thats not cool. but don't get a different card cause those kick butt! (see sig)

whereismy386 said:
maybe u should attach the fan 2 any unused power connector (floppy or cd rom power connectors)

if u'll wanna try this, cables must attached like that
"black 2 black, red 2 yellow"

be carefull!!! good luck! :)

If he did this and the fan came on would it mean that the card works?

send it back, send it back, send it back! :mad:
so what?
solder it!

if u don't like my replies,
u must try 2 solve the problem!

too bad any alteration to the card voids the warranty. I would send it back, who knows what else was missed in the soldering process of this particular card.

Back