• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiger Direct FX60 Barebones $399.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SteveLord said:
AM2...boy was that a joke.

AM2 was not a joke at all, it was in no way supposed to be a jump in performance. It was for the advancment to DDR2, and putting out a system capable of supporting 65nm and the next generation of chips.

Its main purpose was to migrate to DDR2 so new AMD users will be able to use the ram they bought for AM2 for AM3 or am2+ or whatever there going to call it

hitbyaprkedcar7 said:
AM2 was not a joke at all, it was in no way supposed to be a jump in performance. It was for the advancment to DDR2, and putting out a system capable of supporting 65nm and the next generation of chips.

Its main purpose was to migrate to DDR2 so new AMD users will be able to use the ram they bought for AM2 for AM3 or am2+ or whatever there going to call it
yes, good points... i don't think it was a joke... it wasn't a big leap, but a baby step...

well, for me personally....i expect new platforms to carry more than just 1 measly addition.

Hey folks I received my order, FAST!!!!! 2 day shipping, it left the NEXT morning so I have it now.

Case is pretty decent, mobo is basic but has PCI express, Power supply is just fine for my wife's SINGLE core setup with LOW end PCI express video.

Power supply has a lifetime warranty BUT!!!! you HAVE to keep the receipt of purchase or you are SOL.

OCZ and PC power and cooling don't require receipts so I use them in all my Main rigs.

NEW chip stepping CCB2E 0608 BPCW FX60

Even came with a MONSTER all-copper fin CPU cooler-- looks like a giant Zalman 9500 rebadged under Ultra x-wind

SteveLord said:
i cant believe there's nothing on this mobo. at least its an ASUS.
Yea, even if there aren't many reviews on it, the fact that it's Asus says something. Hugh, I hope your happy with your order, I would be sad if I posted this and someone had a problem. Let us know how it OC's though!!

anything after 600 should be ok for a 3GHZ clocks as long as you keep it cool:santa: I would be all over this, but I just got my Dell M1710 and this thing screams performance and I only have the 7900gs.

i guess it's just matter of bad luck. i've shopped at tigerdirect for over 7 years with no problem. i even rma'd a couple of items (digital camera, hard drive) with no problems.

with that said, i'll always choose newegg over tigerdirect, but if i ever see a good deal from TD, i'll jump on it in a heartbeat.

just my .02

Holy Bjesus this is a huge HSF....129mm (5")x 129mm (5") x 55mm (2.16").... The case isn't all that bad either.

DSC_1125.jpg

DSC_1124.jpg

Last edited:
joonshin said:
i guess it's just matter of bad luck. i've shopped at tigerdirect for over 7 years with no problem. i even rma'd a couple of items (digital camera, hard drive) with no problems.

with that said, i'll always choose newegg over tigerdirect, but if i ever see a good deal from TD, i'll jump on it in a heartbeat.

just my .02

It is luck. If you look at their feedback on here and on resellerratings.com, you'll see a lot of poor comments from customers. Most of them having to do with Rebates, followed by RMAs.

I've never had a problem with TD rebates or RMA's.

or seen a huge HSF like this before.. never realized that they were that big.

Last edited:
SteveLord said:
It is luck. If you look at their feedback on here and on resellerratings.com, you'll see a lot of poor comments from customers. Most of them having to do with Rebates, followed by RMAs.

i see your point. but also let us not forget that most customers won't take the time to enter in a positive feedback as compared to if you have a negative one.

a lot of retailers are bad about RMAs in general as well as rebates. i tend to stay away from rebate items as many people do.

if i have saved money 10 times at a particular dealer and they screwed me a couple of dollars on a RMA, i would still be mad, but i'm still going to shop there as i have already saved a lot of money.

joonshin said:
i see your point. but also let us not forget that most customers won't take the time to enter in a positive feedback as compared to if you have a negative one.

a lot of retailers are bad about RMAs in general as well as rebates. i tend to stay away from rebate items as many people do.

if i have saved money 10 times at a particular dealer and they screwed me a couple of dollars on a RMA, i would still be mad, but i'm still going to shop there as i have already saved a lot of money.

Maybe. However places like Newegg are drowning in positive feedback anywhere you look.

Im not the type to jump on a price from a place that has a reputation for poor customer service.

Back