• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiny jumpers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

man_utd

I went and installed my scsi drive today, and to my dismay, of course it did not work as planned. It seems, that this drive requires mini jumpers, because a regular jumper is just too big. Anyone know of a quick fix for this problem?

wrap small wires like used for a pin mod around the pins instead of a jumper, or solder wires in.

Soldering wires in is easier said then done, especially when I would have to be doing it free hand. Small wires might work though.

What I have done before for something similar is take the metal out of a normal jumper and cut and bend it to make a smaller one. The metal will hold its shape and is already meant for jumper use. :)

JT

Ya, I was thinking about doing that, but tomorrow I will go store hopping and see if anyone else has one. Can't believe the guy took 2 cents of jumpers off a 120 dollar rive...

Back