• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tips on Improving Airflow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gravitywell

yes, another newbie thread ;)

Its come to my attention, that through my playing in my case, I've ruined the fine job Alienware did in tidying up my cables...and for the life of me, I can't see to get them as organized and tightly bound as they did.

A few of my major problems are my IDE cables. The one JUST barely reaches my 5.25's at the top of my case, and its squeezed between my Ge4 and my HD (I hate the length of the Ge4 card :( ) That in itself is a huge Airflow barrier.

I guess I'm just asking for simple binding suggestions

i say take all the drives out and start over.

order some new rounded cables, also look for SPLIT LOOM,
and SPIRAL WRAP to tidy up your PSU cables.

i could probably send you some of my leftovers.

if you get some new rounded cables, make sure they are long
enough so you can position your HDD to where it doesn't get into
the way.

more fans never hurt, or maybe better ones.

good luck! PM me if you need some spiral wrap, you can
see it on the PSU here.

mysupercase.JPG

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll start this weekend.
As for moving my HD...small problem, the way my case is set up , the cage is, well, stationary. There are three spots for HDs and I'm using two of them :( and the top two are both in the way of the Ge4. I guess I could always use a 3.5 to 5.25 adapter and raise one of the HDs up to the 5.25 bay, that would help, but I would lose the fan in the HD cage.

Back