• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TO COOL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
J

JEFF

HEY THERE, IV'E BEEN TYHINKING OF USING AN IGLOO COOLER FOR A COOLING DEVICE.U KNOW THE 12 VOLT KIND THAT PLUGS INTO A CIGGERETTE LIGHTER.IT KEEPS A CONSTANT 40 F BELOW THE ROOM TEMPERATURE.ITS EASY TO MOUNT INSIDE COMPARTMENT AND FOR THE COOLING QUITE SMALL.WOULD THIS BE TO COOL?WOULD THE CONDENSATION BE TO MUCH FOR THE COMPONENTS? HAS OR DOES ANYONE USE 1? IS ANOTHER FAN ALL I NEED?I HAVE READ ALOT OF THESE POST BUT AM VERY NEW TO OVERCLOCKING.HAVE MANY MORE QUESTIONS I'LL SAVE FOR A LATER DATE, THNX.

There is a much simplier concept than what your thinking of. It has to do with electricity acting as a heat pump, the devices that are technically called a heat pump are thermoelectric coolers or TEC for short. These TECs, peltiers by common name, can be very powerful to cool your processor as well as very deadly if not insulated. Do a search on http://www.google.com for either TEC, peltier, or thermoelectric cooler.

The Igloo cooler uses Peltier devices as the cooler. It will only maintain the 40 degree differential with the rated insulation intact, and closed up, so I can't see how it would be practical. It would be an expensive method for obtaining Peltier devices, when suitable single ones are a lot cheaper than the whole cooler.

That's my exact point. It would be something to see an Igloo cooler mounted onto a motherboard.

Daniel R (Jan 20, 2001 10:34 p.m.):
There is a much simplier concept than what your thinking of. It has to do with electricity acting as a heat pump, the devices that are technically called a heat pump are thermoelectric coolers or TEC for short. These TECs, peltiers by common name, can be very powerful to cool your processor as well as very deadly if not insulated. Do a search on http://www.google.com for either TEC, peltier, or thermoelectric cooler.
THANKS FOR THE WEBSITE ILL CHECK IT OUT

Jeff ... Hope you check back, cuz you really need to STOP SHOUTING AT ALL OF US!! All caps is considered shouting, beyond being very annoying. SO TURN THE CAPS LOCK off. Please. Thanks.

OK,OK,OKthe only thing im less able to do than oc is type.i use 1 finger and my signon is case sensitive,so i leave capps on allways.will try to be more considerate.

Back