• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

to quick questions frrom a newbie!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arcan3

Umm what the heck is the dif ..well let me refrase that....what the heck is an A-Slot ??? im gussing that it has to do with the processors shape but im guessing it has to do with funcion also ...care to let me know what the diff is?

and now for my own very seccond question.........
whats a good mobo for OCing that holds 2 processors... i need an OCloakeable mobo that can hold 2 birds... prob two 1.2's

Slot A is the standard for Classic Athlon and some of the TBirds. It is similar in shape to a Slot 1 for Pentium IIIs. I would recommend staying away from Slot A simply because it will quickly be obsolete.

The slot A is the big plastic thing, and socket A is the little square ceramic. All new AMD processors are socket A, so as Stool says don't bother getting slot A, there's no upgrade potential. Also the 1.2gig tbirds (in fact pretty much all the tbirds) are only available in socket A - and I have no idea when dual socket A boards are coming out.

haha....welll i kinda understood ... not too sure though hahha//// anyways why arent there any 2 procss mobos?

arcan3 (Feb 17, 2001 01:16 p.m.):
haha....welll i kinda understood ... not too sure though hahha//// anyways why arent there any 2 procss mobos?
There are dual AMD CPU mobos in development, and expected sometime this quarter.

Back