• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top 10 weapons?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1: MP5D5 (Rainbow 6 3: Raven Shield)
Accurate, silenced, rapid refire, stable, and light. What more do you need?

2: MP5 (Counter Strike)
See above minus the silence

3: Galil Arm / Silenced (Rainbow 6 3:Raven Shield)
For those long range targets, with accuracy down to the pixel who needs a sniper rifle?

4: AK47 (Counter Strike)
I loved AK sniping like nothing else back when I used to play CS.

5: Shotgun (Doom1/2)
Lots of damage, minimal spread, and plentiful ammo.

6: Hyperblaster (Quake 2)
Rip enemies to shreds in seconds.

7: Grenade Launcher (Team Fortress Classic)
Remote detonating grenades to take out enemies, turrets, or rocket jump.

8: Laser rifle (Goldeneye N64)
The only mode where I could ever consistently come out on top amongst my Goldeneye fanatic friends.

9: Leviathan's main cannon (UT2004)
No comment necessary. :p

10: Sniper rifle (Goldendeye N64)
Sniping in single player never got old.

i just like any straight-up rifle from moh series, particularly bolt-action... the one weapon in mp that truly takes skill.

Last edited:
My fav weapon is the SINGULARITY CANNON in Unreal 2: The awakening... its a biological gun (the arm of the end boss) that creates a floating black hole that sucks up everything... its totally awesome.

Ah crap trying to cut and paste and hit undo and lost my post at gun 8... dang here I go again.. :bang head:

1) Pistol - Halo
2) AR - Halo2 (Already know I'm gonna like it) :D
3) SMG's - Halo2 (Yea that too..)
4) Duel Sabres - Jedi Academy
5) Mini Sniper Rifle Mod - UT2K3
6) Lightning Gun - UT2K3
7) Sniper Rilfe - Halo
8) M1 - Rainbowsix 3 BA
9) G3 - Rainbowsix 3 BA
10) FRG - Halo

I'm surprised to see the needler on this thread. Especially more than one time.

KfistoRok said:
Ah crap trying to cut and paste and hit undo and lost my post at gun 8... dang here I go again.. :bang head:

1) Pistol - Halo
2) AR - Halo2 (Already know I'm gonna like it) :D
3) SMG's - Halo2 (Yea that too..)
4) Duel Sabres - Jedi Academy
5) Mini Sniper Rifle Mod - UT2K3
6) Lightning Gun - UT2K3
7) Sniper Rilfe - Halo
8) M1 - Rainbowsix 3 BA
9) G3 - Rainbowsix 3 BA
10) FRG - Halo

I'm surprised to see the needler on this thread. Especially more than one time.

LOL yea... maybe they just like it cause they know when and how to use it effectively. ;)

My favorite CS gun was the terrorists counterpart to the bullpup. You know, the automatic that also had a scope on it for terrorists weapons....wish I could remember the name =/

And the Railgun from Q2 was the best gun ever! I used that thing exclusively. Very powerful, yet takes good skill to hit with it.

bojangles said:
The klobb is on there for the hilarious sound it made when it was firing. I never used it, it was just funny.
To me it sounded like it was falling apart every time you used it.
Be glad you never used it.Something like 90 rounds to kill some one with armor on.

DMac said:
Anyone else like the Barnacle Gun from Half-Life?

Hmmmm, i thought it was cool at first, but the novelty wore off. It's not really useful apart from getting to places you couldn't normal.

I can make up a few that I can't believe haven't been put into games yet:

1. Net Gun - A combination of Cyrax's energy net from Mortal Kombat and the Predator's tightening net that squeezes the victim to death.

2. Whip - Hello? Indiana Jones??? I suppose it was in the last Indiana Jones game, but I mean, why isn't it in any other game? It could be monofilament like from Shadowrun.

3. Nail Gun - Gun that pins you to a wall, for a short amount of time, if you're near enough to one.

4. Gravity Gun - Well, I suppose HL2 is doing this, but I thought of this gun when I was like 10 years old playing in the streets with my buddies. You can pick up stuff around you and launch it at your enemies.

Amino said:
I can make up a few that I can't believe haven't been put into games yet:

1. Net Gun - A combination of Cyrax's energy net from Mortal Kombat and the Predator's tightening net that squeezes the victim to death.

2. Whip - Hello? Indiana Jones??? I suppose it was in the last Indiana Jones game, but I mean, why isn't it in any other game? It could be monofilament like from Shadowrun.

3. Nail Gun - Gun that pins you to a wall, for a short amount of time, if you're near enough to one.

4. Gravity Gun - Well, I suppose HL2 is doing this, but I thought of this gun when I was like 10 years old playing in the streets with my buddies. You can pick up stuff around you and launch it at your enemies.
1. Yeah a net gun might be cool...check out Spiderman! :p

2. There was definitely a whip in the latest Indiana Jones game and it was pretty cool, try Catwoman ;)

3. Alien vs Predator had a spear gun that would stick aliens or marines to walls...if you got a headshot their entire head would fly off from their body and stick to the wall behind them!!

4. A mod for Quake 1 called Pain Keep had this little glass box with a black hole inside!! Throw the box and everything in the room would spin down into it and gib :D

Man, I really have to get back into playing video games. Half of these guns I don't even recognise... Maybe I should spend that extra 120 dollars I have on a gfx card...

Back