• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top 10 weapons?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YellowDart said:
LOL yea... maybe they just like it cause they know when and how to use it effectively. ;)

Yea, but you have to lead it and it isn't as effective as nearly every other weapon. When it comes down to it, I can dodge every round of a needler.

Give me a sniper rifle anyday, don't know their names though.

I cant believe no one likes this next weapon ( or doesnt remembers ) but this is my favorite all time weapon

Voodoo Doll on the original Blood.

Aktunka said:
My favorite CS gun was the terrorists counterpart to the bullpup. You know, the automatic that also had a scope on it for terrorists weapons....wish I could remember the name =/

And the Railgun from Q2 was the best gun ever! I used that thing exclusively. Very powerful, yet takes good skill to hit with it.

sg552...and no thats not my favorite

im gonna go with the AK, the M4, AWP, Glock, Deagle, and USP from CS 1.6. And those of you who hate awp *****s....don't whine...its much harder to use now....but still lots of fun

heh

planetside-Orbital strike/cr5

renegade- Ion cannon

Quake 3-rocket

unreal tournament-flak

sof2-Sig

sof1-Knife

planetside-Reaver

tribes2- sachel charge

tribes2- shocklance- OMG I LUV THAT THINGY!!!!1111

raven shield-flashbang+pistol combo

Grov said:
What are your favourite 10 weapons from shooters?

Here's mine in order of favourite.

1. Pulse Rifle- AvP
2. Dual Ingrams- Max Payne 2
3. Minigun- Serious Sam
4. Smartgun- AvP
5. Plasma Rifle- Doom 3
6. Flak Cannon- UT2004
7. Rocket Launcher- Far Cry
8. Shotgun- SOF2
9. Grenede Launcher- SOF2
10. Flamethrower- RTCW

Missed of the MP5 from half life that somehow seems sweet.

Might have the Smartgun from AvP higher another day, id say some pretty kick *** weapons there.

What are your's?

I only really play CS, but my favorites in that game are in no specific order:
  • Pump shotty for close range
  • TMP only as a CT for relatively close range
  • M4a1 (general usage)
  • The Kreig550, the buy 4,4 for terrorists
  • scout for snipering (awp is just less fun to use)
  • mp5
  • dual beretta elites for close range (I can shoot them really fast..need to be a T though)
  • USP, the CT pistol you spawn with
  • as for the farcry demo that I can hardly run on my computer, I like taking over one of the patrol boats and using the unlimited number of rockets

1. M60 - Delta Force Black Hawk down
2. Carbine/M203 nades "
3. AT4 "
4. M21 Sniper "
5. AK-47 Joint Operations
6. Mortars "
7. BFG Doom
8. Plasma Gun Doom

1. Fusion cannon, Turok (first weapon that made me go...ooh aah)
2. The Master Sword, Zelda
3. Desert Eagle, Q3UT3
4. Cerebral Bore, Turok 2 (It sucks their brains out FFS!)
5. OICW Assault Weapon, Farcry
6. Chaingun, Quake2
7. M203, Killswitch
8. Crossbow, Timesplitters 2
9. SShotgun, Doom2
10. Nailgun, Quake

Also any weapon from the Quake2 mods Chaos & Weapons of Destruction, especially the buzzsaw launcher, the crossbow, the sentry, the plasma rifle, the streetsweeper, the NAPALM grenades, jesus christ they were all too much fun.

Last edited:
rocket launchers and railguns from all the quake games. can't get any better then those. they are classics. :)

No particular order:

Flack Canon - UT/2k3/2k4
P90 - Counter Strike
BFG - Quake 2 (when it actually cleared rooms)
M4A1 - Counter Strike
Rocket Launcher - Quake 3
M4 SOCOM + Frags - Ghost Recon
Rail Gun - Quake 3
228 - Counter Strike (crappy gun, but it's cheap and I can fire it fast)
BFG - Quake 3
Link Gun - UT/2k3/2k4

Last edited:
Feydd said:
BFG from Q1? I can't seem to remember that, u mean Q2?
Yeah, that's the one.. the green glowing orb that shoots lasers at people near enough.. let one of them go in a medium sized room, and you'll easily get everyone (incl. yourself ;))

I may be a little different than the rest of you, but i thouroghly enjoy the Buster Sword and Sephiroths Long Sword (probably my all-time favorite). It just looked soo cool in battles with how he held it when Cloud is retelling his story about shinra. HAHA, also imagine a Mako-Cannon......USA would rule the world if we had one

BTW: Those come from Final Fantasy 7 for any n00bs out there and don't know that

before I begin, i do believe ff7 was one of the all time bests. But you don't really use the weapons, u tell cloud to use it. And the US already has enough nukes to destroy the earth 3X over but we don't rule everything yet.

Back