• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tribes 2 better then Prime95! Seriously!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hahahaha. 17 fps with a ti4600 and 2406mhz proc just looking at a wall, I love it!! I wanna get doom 3 just to laugh at my vid card...then get a 9800 :D.

I wish I could afford a 9800 :(

Any hard game is going to rape my graphics card!!! My 8500LE from Crucial only runs 250/333(166DDR) stock. Now i've got it at 261/351 with Rage3D. And some people are trying to get me into UT2k3....I hope my graphics card can handle it if I try it out. It would be great to use a game as a stability tester rather than wait around. :D

FYI.....
There are around 400+ active servers for Tribes2.
This is awesome, play gemes while stress testing my
pc. Cranking my speed, P4, 2.53GHz at 3.135GHz.
So far, so good. Volts at: CPU - 1.6v; DDR - 2.9v, relaxed
timings. CPU temp at 119F, (zalman 5700) is that high?

Last edited:
nerdlogic said:
Any hard game is going to rape my graphics card!!! My 8500LE from Crucial only runs 250/333(166DDR) stock. Now i've got it at 261/351 with Rage3D. And some people are trying to get me into UT2k3....I hope my graphics card can handle it if I try it out. It would be great to use a game as a stability tester rather than wait around. :D

umm your card will definately handle it, a tnt2 can! Mine can too, it does 35fps with everything cranked up, so your card will suffice well.

priority dont matter much if you arent doing anything while it is testing and my pc freezez at priority 10 whether it is oced or not! most programs freeze any computer if they are put at a "Realtime" priority.

Last edited:
starman said:
FYI.....
There are around 400+ active servers for Tribes2.
This is awesome, play gemes while stress testing my
pc. Cranking my speed, P4, 2.53GHz at 3.135GHz.
So far, so good. Volts at: CPU - 1.6v; DDR - 2.9v, relaxed
timings. CPU temp at 119F, (zalman 5700) is that high?

no not for a zalman 5700, it is actually a good temp; if that is LOAD temp. and as long as it is under 55C you should be fine(your at round 47-49C i think).And if its stable it is fine.Temps will effect proc life but so will ocing but not much if it is done right.

alright, someone correct me if im wrong here.... but I was under the impression that what made Prime95 such a good stability tester was it made your CPU do calculations OVER AND OVER again. If it messes up and returns a wrong result, or crashes, your not stable.... if you just want to jack up the temperature, do a search for a program called "toast" that's all it does.

It "jacks up the temperature" by making your CPU work harder. If your CPU works harder you will see how it performs at load and also it will most likely expose any faults that are occuring due to not enough voltage or such. If tribes 2 taxes your processor more i will add that to my list...

I usually use:

Toast
CPU BURN
SISOFT BURN IN
F@H
SETI

all at the same time to test my overclocks.. now i will add in trives 2 :D

hey everyone, why don't we set up a team? an OC.com Tribes 2 stability team.

:D we win if we all make it through a game without crashing ;).

but seriously, we should :)

nitewulf said:
alright, someone correct me if im wrong here.... but I was under the impression that what made Prime95 such a good stability tester was it made your CPU do calculations OVER AND OVER again. If it messes up and returns a wrong result, or crashes, your not stable.... if you just want to jack up the temperature, do a search for a program called "toast" that's all it does.

The reason for using the game is to give the system real-time stress. And I mean the system, not just the CPU and/or RAM. This includes the video card.

I like the idea of a T2 OC team :). Anyone up for idling in an IRC channel? perhaps #OC-team on the server irc.dynamix.com? if anyones interested let me know. Also if you want to get ahold of me my Tribes 1 team idles in #-IMS- ......... my Handle is Frozen or FrozenFears. feel free to drop by sometime ;)

Just thought I'd remind everyone that the T2 server is still up and running I just checked it out it at IP:port- 24.201.164.100:28000 I think Easiest way to join is to download SuperIP for IRCN and just add it as a T2 server that you want to join.

for anyone who doesn't know or have mIRC/IRCN:

mirc32 and IRCN 7.27 are both found here at www.ircn.org

SuperIP can be found and downloaded here http://cowboyscripts.org

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"no not for a zalman 5700, it is actually a good temp; if that is LOAD temp. and as long as it is under 55C you should be fine(your at round 47-49C i think).And if its stable it is fine.Temps will effect proc life but so will ocing but not much if it is done right."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
schismspeak, thanks for the reply. i feel better now. i lowered my
cpu volt to 1.550v and kept the ddr volt to 2.9v (just to keep it a
little cooler). now i need to find out how to join the tribes2 team online......

*p4b533-e
memory ratio - 3:4

Back