• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualatin works only in Safe Mode :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djgregor

I have Tualatin 1.2G SL5Y5.

I made Tualatin mod for BX (3 pins) with MS6905 v2.0 slot1->FCPGA.

When I put new processor - system reseted just after "Starting Windows, press F8...", but runs in Safe Mode. It looks like it is half working... :eek:

What's wrong? Do I have to buy new processor? :mad:

I have Abit BE6 + Celeron333@416 (old) and everything is working fine.

Quote from Here

Ruiner "EUREKA!
I am writing this on a Celeron 1.0a on an abit slotket III, on a Via Apollo Pro133a slot 1 mobo...non b-step.
The bios is mistaken on post....6x166=1003, but it reads Vcore as 1.47.
I slipped the insulator from a thin phone wire over the 3 pins, connected the other two pins (AK4-AK26) with coated 26G wire (see previous posts) and did the pin hole trick for Vcore (vss to Vid4).
The strange thing, I can't get into regular windows. Just before I hit the desktop in win2k, a quick box (dos maybe?) flashes by and it restarts. I can get into safe mode. I disabled all startup items, but still only safe mode. The chinese site did mention having to reinstall windows...maybe this is why.
I'll fool with it a bit at stock speed and overclock later.
Core temp reads 18C in bios. So does chipset temp. Both are below ambient, so I don't believe them."
"You'll have to do a pin-wrap or pinhole trick to set the default voltage on the cpu. It won't boot properly at 2.0.
Jumping Vss to vid4 will give a default of 1.47...perfect. I used a short 26G wire, stripped the insulation off the ends, bent it in a 'u' and put it in the holes.
It gave me the right voltage, but I've had other problems, as above.

Ruiner "Good news guys!!
I fiddled with the bios, and got BOTH chips to work. I disabled the bios virus check and it booted

Last edited:
Back