• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turning up the heat!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoadWarrior

Hi Foldy Folks,

Hearing that the Tbred SSE problem is fixed re-inspired me to greater efforts. I had been malingering around at about number 250 with my tbredA just treading water on tinkers. But now I've DL'ed the 1.56 Gromacs core and she's doing good so far, I gotta get her overclocked again though.

Also back up is the pally system, at stock at the moment, I put the 1.56 core on that and it bombed :( I am not sure it wasn't something to do with MBM5 though, so it's running 1.55 without MBM5 loaded. It might have some stability issues, it started crashing badly at the tail end of last summer, and I thought it was heat, and bad units. Might have to change the PSU out. Theoretically it's my wife's new rig, I'm playing "musical" parts though, it's waiting for a decent GFX card from another rig, which is waiting for something else etc etc.

Ready for deployment soon is the duron 850 at 1G. It's been getting rebuilt slowly into a box for the kids to replace a K6-2. Nearly there now, there was lots of chop and hack work on it to get stuff to fit.

Then also I'm working on a mATX board with bad caps that will hopefully run a tualatin, that is going to go to a stepdaughter who is moving out sometime, but I hope to get a month of folding out of it first. Also trying to fix up an Asus P2B-F mobo, to make the most out of a celly that Electrox is generously giving me, otherwise it will be 100mhz slower on a 440LX board. (450 instead of 550) But still at 450 it will fold a lot better than the K6-2s have been doing. If the P2B is brought back from the dead, I might try some drastic surgery on the old P2-233 to get more out of that on the LX. Also my dx2/66 router box is showing some deficiencies and I'm planning to rebuild it with a Pentium board, so since that's a 24/7 box I'll put it on genomes I think. Half considering trying to get a fast enough CPU in it to do tinkers, but not sure what reliability will be like.

So my production should be turning green this week and it would be great to hit yellow by the end of the month, depends how much time I get to tinker. Ideally I'd like to break into the top 100 by june before the heat really hits and scales me back,

Heads up and watch you six then to anyone in the upper 200's I'm coming for ya.

Road Warrior.

Oho! Welcome back to the fight RW! Great to hear from you and I see that you're working on quite a pow-ah house once again.

For those of you who are relative n00bs, RW is a great folder who has contributed selflessly to the team for quite sometime. He should be revered and feared. :D

Start checking your threats lists....

Wedo

Heh thanks guys....

WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!!.... :D

liftoff.jpg

And I'm still bringing rigs up... :D

Back