• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UK BOINC team

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, with 900+ users and thier current RAC we won't be able to stop them from passing us unless we get some serious backing.. we'd need to get our RAC up to like 200k in order to pull off a better spot and keep UK away from us to boot... 40k more RAC to go!

Yeah, we'll be taking care of them shortly.
Not sure if anyone remembers the little contest we had back in November, but we wiped the floor with UK BOINC Team and Team Russia at our peak with RAC's topping 250K! We'll be doing it again I'm sure.
Now that Forum Wars is wrapped up, I'm hoping that some of our benching brothers will come help out as well.

I am doing all I can with the little bit I have. I need to find a cheap Qxxx for this Wolfdale MB I have and maybe dig up a faster HT P4 SKT478 that way me puny systems will crunch faster ...lol

Yeah I noticed that too penguin, but I am pretty positive we can hold the british barbarians at our gates :p
Also I finally hit 5k RAC and hopefully I might be able to hit 6k in the next few days, I got 4GHZ and Baxter in my sights :thup:

If you hit 6k RAC you'll be passing me and dj as well and hitting #6th ranking!

I need to work on my 920 some more.. out of all the top performers I have the 2nd highest RAC for a 920 (4th if you include the 930s).. the 3 above me are running up to 5200 RAC per machine.. that has to be clocked at 4.2 or greater to pull that off.. I have 15+ degrees to play with.. maybe its time to try to pass 4 for the daily grind.

@HankB those 939s aren't all that bad for crunching.. look at mine @ stock clocks

RAC: 419.84
Total Cred: 11,674

AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ [Family 15 Model 43 Stepping 1]
Linux 2.6.35-22-generic (This is Linux Mint 10)

Last edited:
@HankB those 939s aren't all that bad for crunching.. look at mine @ stock clocks

RAC: 419.84
Total Cred: 11,674

AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ [Family 15 Model 43 Stepping 1]
Linux 2.6.35-22-generic (This is Linux Mint 10)
Good to know!

At the moment mine is running at stock speeds too. I did have a go at overclocking it. I did manage to get it stable at about 10% increase - ran Prime95 overnight. But a few minutes after starting up Rosetta it had a kernel oops so I decided to leave overclocking for another day. After about a day and a half, it's at:

RAC: 64.17
Total Cred: 684

Authentic AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ [Family 15 Model 35 Stepping 2]
Linux 2.6.35-28-generic (Ubuntu 10.10)

what the eff, they backed off!

3 Overclockers.com 281 165,265
4 UK BOINC Team 958 164,471

they might have a big cruncher that dropped out or his system broke or something

Did anyone notice how fast they passed us? It was like, out of nowhere. But yes, if a 15-20K cruncher suddenly joined the team, then quit, that's exactly what would happen.
However, looking at their team member movements, the last one was on 5-Mar-2011, so that's not it.
There's something else going on.

Like I've said before, I am adding every CPU I can get my hands on. I'm not complaining that we are staving them off....lol
I am still keeping a close eye on them .....

Like I've said before, I am adding every CPU I can get my hands on. I'm not complaining that we are staving them off....lol
I am still keeping a close eye on them .....

Oh yeah, they did the exact same thing back in November. They're definitely worth keeping an eye on, they have lots of power behind them.

Yeah, I've been having issues. This stock cooler is keeping things at a max of 70degC according to RealTemp, but for the last week or so, every morning when I wake up or every day when I come back from work, my machine will be sitting here idle with 4 threads saying they're running but not making any progress.
Today, I switched around some CPU settings in bios and left a window open and things crunched fine all day. I'll leave it through the night and see what happens tomorrow morning.
Dropped 600 RAC though, which totally blows.

I now am having problems getting work to one of my PC's. Keeps saying it won't receive new WUs because I have reached my daily quota of 2...

I now am having problems getting work to one of my PC's. Keeps saying it won't receive new WUs because I have reached my daily quota of 2...

I assume you're completely out of WU's on that machine? When that happens to me, it usually because I've been resetting or detatching, etc trying to fix a problem. Rosetta will only send you so many at a time, so you just have to wait typically.

Back