• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unconfirmed, but Newegg Planning to Ship to Canada Starting October

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JDXNC said:
I will say this right now so that if Newegg Support sees it... if you guys use UPS I will NOT buy from you, unless you get some sort of special deal going with them, they have burned me on high brokerage fees too many times.

i second that! even if they use FedEx or DHL, its all the same, they screw ya over at the boarder.....USPS/CanadaPost seem to be the only thing that doesnt charge an enourmous amount, until you hit $50US or $100CDN

hainer36 said:
until you hit $50US or $100CDN

Even then its luck of the draw, when I bought my A64 & mobo I'm sure it was marked like $200 on the green slip and I never got charged a dime, then one time I got charged $2 for a couple fans :p

All I ever wanted from NewEgg is for them to accept Canadian credit cards :bang head
Shipping across the border via UPS will be exactly the same as not offering any Canadian service at all. Nobody will order twice if they use UPS, and that's guaranteed. Those ****ers charged me $80 for a 20 dollar shipment one time, for "brokerage fees" which nobody else seems to collect. Plus you never know if UPS packages will even arrive, they're totally unreliable.

i have the solution to neweggs shipping problem!

build an big *** canon in the parkinglot of newegg HQ, and shoot the packages over the border, strait to the peeps houses :D, no customs, and quick delivery, and if packaged right, complete customer satisfaction!

shard said:

build an big *** canon in the parkinglot of newegg HQ, and shoot the packages over the border, strait to the peeps houses :D, no customs, and quick delivery, and if packaged right, complete customer satisfaction!

ROLFMA!! Better still, hire a former ex-circus human cannonbal guy to become the delievery man for all Canadian packages! :D

That's great Newegg will open the path for us Canucks :welcome: , but it is the UPS who may kill off many good "bargains"! Take it from me striaght from horse's mouth - UPS **loves** to slap insane sky-high brokeage fees on Canadian parckages IF any item is valued above $20-25.00. From my survey while I get few boxes from UPS...the higher the item's value is, the brokeage fees will be! I actually got one parcel from U.S. - this item was a vintage bike's handlebar frame worth $15 U.S. ...and the B***8D UPS charged me $30.00 in fees. That's not the first time - oh no siree! :rolleyes:

Flat out put simple-- I refuse to have UPS handle ANY of my parcels coming from U.S.!! I avoid them like they have foul smell too much for my behind to accept. :temper: :mad:

Only USPS (U.S. post service) is the best, easy and hassle-free...and at very reasonable custom fees. I rarely never paid more than $20 (most times $5-10) and that's from getting items worth $100 and more. I made it a point when I do ebay whenever I want get something.

Unless if Newegg truly have something made in deal with UPS to keep the brokeage fees low...well, I'll wait and see !

JDXNC said:
I will say this right now so that if Newegg Support sees it... if you guys use UPS I will NOT buy from you, unless you get some sort of special deal going with them, they have burned me on high brokerage fees too many times.
Count me in for that!

sweet, ive always wanted to buy stuff from the for their low prices, but they didnt ship to canada :), now i'll just wait till the do that so i can buy my new gfx card :)

hainer36 said:
i second that! even if they use FedEx or DHL, its all the same, they screw ya over at the boarder.....USPS/CanadaPost seem to be the only thing that doesnt charge an enourmous amount, until you hit $50US or $100CDN

Ever tried DHL? I deal with them like twice per day everyday, and i must say that i've never had any problem with them. Their prices are really fine to me (paid 26$ CAN for 1600$ worth of computer parts from Ontario to Canada, just as an example). Once you have your own account with them and use them every once in a while they dramatically drop their fee. Also it's quite rare for them to need more than 2 days of transport from point A to B. From the thousands of package i sent/received, maybe 2.5% of them were "late" by a day or 2.

shard said:

sweet!

until the US air force shots them down thinking they are UFO's..lol

Yeah the particularly nasty thing about UPS is that they will assure the US side shipper that everything is included, and then when it gets to your door, WHAM $30+ taxes please, or you don't get it. I've lost count of the times I've had a seller specifically ask a carrier about brokerage fees and they've said there is none, and all of a sudden there is when it's on my doorstep. Half the time, UPS and others with the brokerage scam will inflate the declared value of the item also, so instead of paying 15% of your $50 order in taxes, you're paying 15% of $300 dollars or something stupid, that's the "service" that the huge brokerage fees buy you. :rolleyes:

Outpost had a good thing going with orders to here, they used PBS global logistics, brokerage fees were in line with USPS, service was fast, and they billed you later for brokerage+taxes and sent you proper paperwork, no fumbling in the couch for another toonie while the delivery guy is at the door because you didn't expect it to be so much.....

Another beef about UPS is that I've caught them dropping "you weren't in" tickets when they didn't even knock at the door. It's not freaking funny when you're waiting in for them specifically, and the depot is in the next city over.

So newegg better work out a VERY nice deal with UPS or forget about it.

Road Warrior

Why doesn't the 'Newegg Support' user post at the RedFlagDeals forum as well? That is where the (much) larger discussion, probably the current largest discussion regarding Newegg Canada, is held. He should go over there to dispell all doubts and myths! :D

I think they use UPS just for their protection (for insurance purposes and mis-directed packages) but also they probably have a contract for cheaper rates via UPS...

My company (enterprise rent-a-car) has tried numerous times to negotiate with the USPS for our delivery and logistics services, they are not willing to budge or move....and we're a large nationwide company. We currently use UPS and sometimes DHL as well because of rates....i.e. overnight package with our account with DHL is $6 for a letter package.

cool..its about time..
but i will always be with ncix.com i got a corp acct there..i save lots of money on big shipments (5000 +)

Yeah that'll be the battle of the heavyweights. Hopefully Newegg won't do to them what Walmart has done to so many small town mom and pop stores.

I don't think Newegg will damage NCIX too much. NCIX does have prices that are very competitive with Newegg with quite a few products, and I'm more interested in Newegg showing up for the stuff that NCIX doesn't have. Also, with shipping and potential duties, I wouldn't be surprised if NCIX still came out cheaper.

Back