• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Updating My 810 build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S_I_N

Well my current rig called Switch Blade which is housed in a white NZXT Switch 810 doesn't have my heart pounding when I look at it anymore. So I've been planning a change in cases specially after I saw the Plantek's Enthoo case. And now with it being delayed and another case falling into my lap for almost free, I have decided to mod it instead of waiting on the Enthoo. A little back story which is somewhat irrelevant to this mod I'll be using the Military Green C70 Vengeance case, I got one for my roommate son last summer (well helped him pay for it) as he loved it. Well last week he saw me looking at cases and made a casual comment that he wishes he had purchased the white one instead of the green, he asked me how much they sell for now so we checked NewEgg and lo and behold the white was on sale for 109$ shipped with a rebate on top of that. He say OK I got that much get it for me please I'll pay ya back. So now still owning half the first case I laid claim to it lol. So heres where it get relevant as mentioned I'll be using this case and it will need some decent modding to accommodate what my 810 holds. Some parts will have to be changed out as there's no way it'll be possible otherwise.

Heres my current spec's

Gigabyte Z68X-UD7
Intel 2600K @4.5Ghz @1.36Vcore
H.I.S. 7970 Flashed Ghz bios @.85Volts 1050 core 1500 memory times 2 in xfire
Kingston Hyper X 3K 240Gb times 2 in raid0
Western Digital 1Tb Black
Corsair AX850

Current Water Loop setup

Alphacool NexXxos UT60 420mm rad
Alphacool NexXxos UT60 280MM rad
Alphacool NexXxos XP Light cpu block
Alphacool NexXxos ATXP ATI 7970/50 Series gpu blocks
Alphacool Repack - Dual Laing D5 - Dual 5.25 Bay Station Incl. 2x Alphacool VPP655 This is the part I'm 99.99% certain will have to be changed
Various Alphacool and Monsoon fittings
Primo Flex Advanced LRT Elegant White tubing 7/16 x 1/2 may change to Onyx Black
Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm Blue led fans times 13

OK so now on to the fun bits I do not want to buy new rads I feel the 140.2 and 140.3 rads can be made to fit. Plus I'd have to buy fans as well lol which I'm already debating so I can use my pwm fan switches. But rads plus fans over my budget for now as I'm trying to keep this inexpensive. So back to my thoughts and please let me know if you think its daft or not, also keep in mind I have not set a ruler to task yet to see if it'll fit its just my preliminary thoughts on how to go about it.

Here we go now as the UT60's are well 60mm thick and I like push/pull that's a whopping 110mm of rad with fans, no way will that fit above the mobo that only sports 65-70mm so with that it wont hold a single bank of fans and rad either. My thought is to completely gut the front section of drive bays and set the rads with the fans blowing out the side panels yes that will involve some modding to the panels. Doing this will make my Repack dual D5 rez/pump useless so I'll have to go pump top rez style.

Anywho thats the gist of this plan tell me your thoughts as i go about setting a ruler to task and seeing how freaking crazy I am lol.

lol by now I'd of figured yall would be trying to tell me how stupid my plan is, and after I set the ruler to task I'm seeing it lol. My plan of both rads blowing out the sides aint gonna happen even with just a single bank of fans. Just no wat to get good air thru the rads as the case is slimmer than I thought. Without raising the roof I see no way my plan will see my gear in it. Even after that the 280mm rad will have to stand up in the front bays killing the 5.25 by 2/3rd and all 3.5 bays. Another cae I have laying about is the TT Armor Revo Snow Edition but its room above the mobo is less but she is wider so that can help.

Back