• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading to i5 (maybe). Your thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some financial advice:

This is not something you want to finance...if you can't buy it outright, you can't afford it. This is not buying your first laptop here so you can do homework...
Be sensible now!!!

Do you really need the speed advantage of i7? I don't really think so.

Save your money and spend it on more SSDs and GPUs (if you're a gamer)

I just bought the GA-P55-UD5, ($209 USD) should be here in a few days. I needed at least 7 SATA ports for my hard drives. I don't like to buy what I need, so I have kind of an upgrade path.. Plus I normally use only one video card. However since I have the option to do either type, I may do that this time. I'm waiting for Nvidia's bomb shell to drop before I make a sudden decisions on what video card I should go with.. In the mean time the 860, and my GTX 280 should do me just fine...

You people dont realise how lucky you are on pricing...

The UD5 (very good board) here costs around £150 = 250 USD

If you think how much that adds up to if you buy every component... a LOT

TAX ruins everything.

Keeping on topic now...

I agree that you shouldnt really take out finance for a PC... if your not desperate (IE you dont have a system at all) then you should just save money up for one...

by the time you pay the finance back the same money will get you something better.

Last edited:
Some financial advice:

This is not something you want to finance...if you can't buy it outright, you can't afford it. This is not buying your first laptop here so you can do homework...
Be sensible now!!!

Yeah, financing something you don't need screams "I WANT TO BE IN DEBT!" :eek:

Back