• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS and Newegg, WTF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My deepest and most abiding complaint about UPS has been and continues to be that whereas when a package arrives at my local Fedex, it is immediately shipped out, while a package shipped UPS will sit in a warehouse for 1-3 days because Ground decides an arbitrary delivery date, and it "SHALL NOT PASS" until that date. I've watched too many orders sit while they could have easily been delivered.

stool said:
My deepest and most abiding complaint about UPS has been and continues to be that whereas when a package arrives at my local Fedex, it is immediately shipped out, while a package shipped UPS will sit in a warehouse for 1-3 days because Ground decides an arbitrary delivery date, and it "SHALL NOT PASS" until that date. I've watched too many orders sit while they could have easily been delivered.

No, my complaint about this, is if you complain to UPS, their attitude is "tough stuff." (Or an un-printable allegory.)

If UPS would fix this, most of my complaints would be gone.

steve

stool said:

What gets me, is when 3 packages arrive on a Sunday, but are scheduled to be delivered on Mon, Tues, and Wed. They get delivered on Mon, Tues and Wed.

They have done similar things, on a few occaisions. Not only do I have to wait for packages in their warehouse, and they have a truck in front of MY house, but they are wasting THEIR money, by driving TO my house 3 times.

That is just being mean, for meanness's sake. Because of this, I use FedEx, whenever I can.

steve

Jeebus_ said:
So you guys are mad that they deliver on the delivery date? LOL

Thats something to be angry about.

The point is, the package is delivered to the warehouse on monday the 1st. The 'estimated delivery date' is the 3rd. The package now sits in the warehouse (in my case a mile down the road) untill the 3rd. You can't even go pick it up! It is sitting there taking up their space, your time, and pi**ing you off because you can smell it, heck, if the doors were open, I could see it sitting there.

All because some computer decided that it will take X amount of days to get there and the people were faster than the estimate.

Lee

Dont ship it UPS if you dont like the expected delivery date. They got it to you on the expected date and your complaining! You get what you payed for, which was a delivery on day X.

palee72 said:
The point is, the package is delivered to the warehouse on monday the 1st. The 'estimated delivery date' is the 3rd. The package now sits in the warehouse (in my case a mile down the road) untill the 3rd. You can't even go pick it up! It is sitting there taking up their space, your time, and pi**ing you off because you can smell it, heck, if the doors were open, I could see it sitting there.

All because some computer decided that it will take X amount of days to get there and the people were faster than the estimate.

Lee

Exactly, Lee!

Even MORE stupid, is when (like I have said repeatedly) you have 3 packages, sitting on the shelf, (or most likely the floor, after all, this IS UPS) scheduled to be delivered on 3 consecutive days, and the stupid truck makes 3 stupid trips down your stupid street, just because UPS won't deliver early.

And everyone carrying UPS's water, (Or drinking their Kool-Aid) thinks this is a good business process.

I know they don't do this because they're overworked, since I know where the warehouse is, and I can see the trucks when they return. (They're not staying out until 10:00 PM, they're coming in by 4:00.)

FedEx has NEVER done this to me, but UPS does it on principle. All the time.

And no, I can't complain about it, because they are delivering it on the promised day.

steve

Guarantee's it by the certain day! No room to complain. Certain people want it there so they know exactly when it will be there. Drunk as hell sorry about not making sence.

Jeebus_

The only thing we are complaining about, is the fact that they hold the packages, in your city (or ship them around the state/country) untill their 'estimated due date'. That is the word that I have a problem with, 'estimated'. If the package is in your city, at the out going terminal 2 days ahead of time, what's the big deal sending out the package? Not only do you get your package 2 days ahead of the 'estimated' delivery date, it makes UPS look better in the long run by saying, "we are faster than our computer thought we could be".

The only reason I could see them not doing this, is that say I pay for regular gound delivery, which is what, 3-5 days whatever. I only live across the border from where the package is being delivered from, so it should 'only' take a day to get here. So, it gets to the local terminal 3 days ahead of the 'estimated delivery time' and they sit on it. They don't ship it out to me because I didn't pay for 1-2 day service. They probaby feel as though they will lose money giving service that I 'didn't pay for'.

That's my only line of thought on it.

Lee

ITS NOT ESTIMATED! ITS A GUARANTEED SERVICE! Nobody tells you that, but when its not delivered on the expected day we call UPS and get credit for that package! GUARANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

I'm not going to get into a shouting match here. But, if you go to the UPS tracking site, put in your tracking numbe, what does it say? Estimated Delivery Date.. Therefore, it should be able to swing less or more. Thats all I'm saying...

Lee

Well, I hate to burst anyones bubble, but I have used UPS for my past 4 orders from Newegg and they were all fine some even arrived a day early. In fact, last Friday UPS let me pickup my RMAed 6800gs from EVGA from the side door at 8 pm when they close at 6. So maybe it is just the individual offices. In fact, if I was going to complain, I would like to know why Newegg doesn't use the Tn warehouse more offten for the Midwest. Also, I have all of the problems mentioned here with Fedex too. The most common is the one were if you pay for 3 day shipping it's gonna take 3 days not 2, even if it has been put on a truck and driven around town all damn day long and the @$#$##@ fedex guy even came by your office and then when you looked up the package and see a "not due for delivery yet". Oh, but you can drive down and pick it up.

Jeebus_ said:
ITS NOT ESTIMATED! ITS A GUARANTEED SERVICE! Nobody tells you that, but when its not delivered on the expected day we call UPS and get credit for that package! GUARANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Here's one;

Same guy said:
Track a next day air package. They all say Est. Delivery Date! Doesnt mean it isn't a guaranteed service.

Here's another.

Notice a lack of continuity?

steve

The reason I dislike UPS: In the past two years I have recieved 2 broken monitors and 4 damaged PC cases. Have had no damaged items by FedEx. And UPS often 'loses' track of where packages go. I build PCs for a living, and I work by deadlines.

Here for example is a Plextor DVD burner that I expected today. Ordered from Newegg. I live in Valley, Nebraska and packages are loaded onto trucks in Omaha, NE then delivered to Valley... a small town just outside of Omaha. Notice the package WAS in Omaha. It headed for Norfolk, about 100 miles away :(

Scan History:

2/1/2006 8:40:00 AM AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE NORFOLK, NE US
2/1/2006 8:40:00 AM LOCATION SCAN NORFOLK, NE US
1/31/2006 7:11:00 PM DESTINATION SCAN OMAHA, NE US
1/31/2006 6:13:00 PM ARRIVAL SCAN OMAHA, NE US
1/31/2006 3:48:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN DES MOINES, IA US
1/31/2006 2:40:00 PM LOCATION SCAN DES MOINES, IA US
1/31/2006 2:01:00 PM UNLOAD SCAN DES MOINES, IA US
1/31/2006 11:52:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN DES MOINES, IA US
1/28/2006 3:57:00 AM DEPARTURE SCAN ONTARIO, CA US
1/27/2006 10:50:00 PM ARRIVAL SCAN ONTARIO, CA US
1/27/2006 10:15:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN BALDWIN PARK, CA US
1/27/2006 10:13:00 PM ARRIVAL SCAN BALDWIN PARK, CA US
1/27/2006 1:39:00 PM ORIGIN SCAN BALDWIN PARK, CA US
1/27/2006 4:06:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US

Will I get it this week??? Who knows???

I felt much better when Newegg used FedEx.

David Coleman said:
You need to read more carefully. He used a double negative in the second quote.

Since a double negative is not a legitimate part of speech, how was I supposed to know what he really meant? (Or, how do you know?)

steve

Another Golden star for ups... *sigh* :rolleyes:

Call UPS 30 minutes to 8, can you make a request for the driver to check in? No sir the package can be delivered all the way up until 8 depending on the drivers route. 8:30 rolls around still no UPS... call UPS, sir you the last agent you talked to could have sent a request to the driver regardless, I do apologize for any inconvienence. I ask can it be upgraded to air so it can be delivered on saturday, no sir. I ask but it was 3 day so it was guaranteed for delivery today? Yes sir. Sir you will need to call the vendor... "Newegg", and have them place a trace on the package. I say they are not open until monday. Yes sir I do apologize for the inconvienence. *HANG UP*

Why is it that I have had this problem about 5 times with UPS, and never with FedEx?

Attachments

• anotherstarforupssigh.JPG
    anotherstarforupssigh.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 134
Nate, please quit spreading mis-truths!

You have been told NUMEROUS times, that UPS does NOT mess up!

It is FedEx that messes up, not UPS!

(Are you buying ANY of this drivel?)

steve

Back