• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS and Newegg, WTF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I myself have had no problems with newegg and UPS. I have ordered from newegg about 5 times since they switched from FedEx. I have received 3 of my orders on time, and two of them have been a day early. One thing that does bother me is that they do leave high dollar items on the front porch. However, as long as UPS takes full responsibility for any stolen items left on my front porch I am fine with them leaving the package there. Less hassle for me. If I had a choice I prefer FedEx over UPS, but I agree FedEx's shipping prices have gone up. I personally think that Newegg using UPS is a good idea and you guys have no complaints from me thus far.

Satisfied Newegg, and UPS customer.

VinnyTAMU said:
I myself have had no problems with newegg and UPS. I have ordered from newegg about 5 times since they switched from FedEx. I have received 3 of my orders on time, and two of them have been a day early. One thing that does bother me is that they do leave high dollar items on the front porch. However, as long as UPS takes full responsibility for any stolen items left on my front porch I am fine with them leaving the package there. Less hassle for me. If I had a choice I prefer FedEx over UPS, but I agree FedEx's shipping prices have gone up. I personally think that Newegg using UPS is a good idea and you guys have no complaints from me thus far.

Satisfied Newegg, and UPS customer.

Welp, I can honestly say I think UPS sux. I have, since the first of the year, ordered from NewEgg 3 pages worth (I don't know how many items that is, but around $4000 USD worth) I felt I was lucky just getting my order about the date they say it will be delivered. I tell you what though, like I've read other horror stories, when my honest neighbor hands me a box delivered to his apartment containing a $300 cpu it upset me. I really don't give a flying rat's patoot if it's insured or not, I don't want to go through the hoops to explain UPS's fubar.

Edit: I just saw the UPS satisfied customer thing, I need to find a online retailer that uses FedX

Wow this was dug up from it's grave.

My girlfriend forbids me from using UPS anymore. I complain too much when the package shows up bruised and abused, or when the UPS guy doesn't come until 7-9PM (which is the time they like to come).

Fedex FTW

Back to the original topic of this thread, NewEgg and UPS, does it usually take over 24 hours to get a package out the door when the order was placed well before noon (their time zone)?

petteyg359 said:
Back to the original topic of this thread, NewEgg and UPS, does it usually take over 24 hours to get a package out the door when the order was placed well before noon (their time zone)?

I would say that 95% of the time when I place an order with Newegg, before noon, *WITHOUT* putting a rush on it, I get the item in the next morning's delivery.

Just my personal experience with Newegg.

If my order ships out of NJ, I too get it next day most of the time.

However, while I agree that UPS stinks...FEDEX once tried delivering something a friend sent to me...at 11pm at night to my work address! They said it was marked for "Home Delivery." Granted I am awake, but in Jersey City...its not comforting at all having someone ring your doorbell at 11pm at night.

I did get that package next day though before noon. FEDEX still rocks in my book.

Gotta give one for NewEgg, UPS, and USPS

Hi all,
Gotta say I have had nothing but positive results from all three, UPS, NewEgg and USPS :clap: First off I only place an order on a Monday(that leaves four days till Friday) with the Egg, and because I live on the East Coast, when I put the order in around 5 a.m EST the CA people on PST are still in bed by 3 hours. When the Egg says 3 days it's in my hands in 3 days and that includes the order date. Guess I'm lucky living in Central FL 'cause everything I order comes out of the TN warehouse. The packages arrive via UPS in pristene condition and I've never had a bad one.

If I send anything small (less than ten pounds) I always send it USPS Priority Mail Insured with tracking. I had to RMA a mobo to the Egg and mailed it on Monday and it was in their warehouse Wednesday morning at 9:30 a.m. the refund was on my CC by Saturday.

Just sold one of my computers to a guy in PA. I shipped from the UPS depot in Daytona Beach on a Monday morning via UPS Ground and he had the package on Friday at 5:44 p.m. :thup:

I just can't say enough good things about 'em.
Jakeman97

Back