• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USG‑PRO‑4 VS FW1-4 Port Intel® J1900-Protectli Firewall router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

w1yov5r4on5

Registered
of these two routers which is better the USG‑PRO‑4 or FW1-4 Port Intel® J1900-Protectli Firewall router

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I had so big problems with USG and USG-PRO-4 that I won't recommend it to anyone. Literally wasted 3 days with USG-PRO-4 at one client's location and it was still causing issues. No help from support and other users were sharing my experience.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
With the USG Pro -v4, if you check the box for IDS and IPS, throughput drops to ~250 MBs. Since I have a 600 Mbs plan, I'm not going to impliment IDS/IPS with this device.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
I went from a USG, to a USG-Pro-4, to now a UDM Pro.

Loved them all...love the UDM Pro.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
As far as I have no problems with all other Ubiquiti devices then every USG-PRO-4 I got in touch with, was causing problems. One client couldn't use it with its ISP, the USG-PRO-4 couldn't connect to the internet at all. Another client had 2 external IPs, USG-PRO-4 could work with only one of them and it was disconnecting randomly. Every adaptation took 30-40 mins and it was usually failing. Support said it's a faulty device and sent a replacement. The replacement was working in exactly the same way.
USG that I had at home, was disconnecting randomly and I had enough of it after a couple of days.