• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uuumm possible highest xp temps ever..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbiePerson

Whelp i ordered a refurb shuttle board, which turned out to be dead i have to send it back. Umm when i put my xp1800 t-bred back into my epox kt333 the temps were reading 124c
i am not joking... i was having temp trouble before with this board reading 60c and above but this is insane....
i have a all copper globalwin delta fan set up... I had to turn it down to 800mhz 100bus..... im scared to try to take a pic of the temp reading... when it booted up at 800mhz it read 90c.....
I tried resetting bios didn't work...
voltage is on default..
hopefully it won't freeze up and i can take a pic of the temp for u guys

copy and paste in your address bar won't work?
Im pretty sure it's a mistake but it won't run at 900mhz even :(

if it was at those temps, there is no way that you could have gotten to sandra... you're temp sensor is screwey. try motherboard monitor 5, maybe its just sandra is configured improperly? try going into your bios during post and check what your temps are there, if its still that high, your temperature probe is crazy.

Maybe you seated the heatsink poorly, or it is a defective heatsink, orrr...

Does it feel hot? Like at the base of the heatsink while it's running?

Yer temps may be high, but I doubt yer sensor is reading properly... like they said, it'd be dead.

Water boils at 100c.
Water freezes at 0c.

124 c? it would have burned through your board, your heatsink, the bottom of the case, your floor and possible the one below that if your comp is on the second story of your house. and if it wouldnt have gone that far, then it atleast wouldnt ever work again. perhaps there is a probe problem. :) err actually, that is a very normal temp if its in fahrenheit... but i dont want to offend anyone, its not hard to tell "c's" from "f's" of course. wierd.

NewbiePerson said:
http://www.geocities.com/nemisis_dragon/nuts.GIF
pic is crap but its readable
and that is my cpu running 800mhz @100bus

Just letting u guys know, the cpu temperature in that pic is reading at 88C / 190.4F

The temperature there is very high, but it is possible. I don't know about 124C, tho...

NewbiePerson, I suggest you try taking that heatsink off and putting it back on carefully. Maybe you somehow messed up when you first put it on.

servertempsensor2.JPG

All of a sudden out of the blue, that is what motherboard monitor started reporting.

But then a little later, I got a different reading, so i'm sure the sensor or something else is messed up.

servertempsensor1.JPG

So the same thing probably happened to your sensor. Don't worry about it. look into buying an external sensor maybe?

Back