• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Valheim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my friends all are on a server they seem to dig it, i cant do games like that anymore sadly. I don't have the attention span for it.

Only got like 40hours in and am enjoying it. Haven't run out of content yet and seems not bad for only being in early access for less than a month. @EarthDog I will message you the password for my server so you can check it out if you like.

Does anyone play this game? It's survival... seems a lot like Rust (at least when I played it in Alpha). I've got a buddy I will play with... wondering if anyone plays and has an established server?

https://www.valheimgame.com/

I'm constantly confusing all the "R" games... (Rust, Rime, and Rimworld.) I really don't know the difference at this point... :p

My buddy just bought a dedicated server.

If there is any interest, LMK. :)

Nice I've heard good things about it I just haven't had any chance at all to look at it

It's solid if you like this type of genre. I got my first taste of it with Rust, but was frustrated that my server(s) kept getting reset...such as being an Alpha. I haven't touched it since (though its development has been pretty good I see).

Anyway, I've put about 9 hours in (day......18?) and so far it's pretty good. Feels like it is quite deep as far as crafting and making items. Been killed a couple of times by the troll, but finally got him in order with flaming arrows and running. Beat one/two of the bosses (forgot the name). Graphics aren't great... but it is early.

It is tiny. I was surprised, honestly.

One thing I noticed, it will use 18 cores (HT is disabled). One core is pegged at 100%, and the rest around 20. Thats with playing on my server. Not sure what it is offhand with the dedicated server.

Back