• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

via aqua 1300 failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solo

my via aqua died today
its been a good 1.5 months hahaha
well i only paid 15$ for it, so i don't really mind

now im in the market for a new pump

i heard the danner mag drives are actually very good pumps, cheap and reliable

if im going to splurge, ill get the new mcp600 of the eheim 1250

the most important factor to me is quietness

any recommendations guys>?

pump

Solo,
I have had my eheim 1250 for about a year now. Its great, easy to seal up, no leaks. Very quiet, i just cut up and old mouse pad and used that to isolate it from the case, can barely hear it hum. In my opinion they are well worth the few extra bucks. Im gonna put a w/c system in my backup puter and pump will be another eheim 1250.
HTH
Shane:burn:

ah thanks for the reply
will take in consideration

Hey Solo,

Were you running it inline or submerged?
Did you do the impeller mod or not?

Inquiring minds want to know.... well.. at least inquiring minds with their own Via 1300s want to know. :)

i was running it inline
i didnt' do the impeller mod, though i did pull off the front to take a look at it

Thanks for the info Solo.

I am planning to run mine inline as well. It is set up on my workbench right now running a 3 day stress/leak test. I did the impeller mod and it did make it almost silent. I have to put my hand on it to tell if it is running or not. I hope it lasts more than a month.

yeah
even without the impeller mod, i thought it was pretty quiet

for my next pump, i think ill buy some of that sound dampening material to make it even quieter

<~~ Approaching a month inline after switching from submerged (3-4 months) :eek:

I had my 1300 running for a year with no problems. Sold it to another member here who is currently using it. Sorry to hear about your misfortune though, solo.

solo said:

if im going to splurge, ill get the new mcp600 of the eheim 1250

the most important factor to me is quietness

any recommendations guys>?

The MCP600 is not exceptionally quiet. (dB specs on website)

An Eheim is definitely the way to go for quiet and reliable.

Back