• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via (C3 550)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Netraider

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to overclock a VIA C3 550Mhz CPU.

I have a PC-Chips all-in one Motherboard and 128 of SD-Ram (133) i can overclock this CPU to 733Mhz but it is unstable, not through CPU but through the Ram, i am sick and tired of roasting the Ram and i was wondering if anyone knew how to unlock the Multiplier on the C3's.

This is not my main computer and is just something i wouldnt mind doing too see how the C3 performs using the multiplier to clock rather then the Ram.

If anyone could help i would really appreciate it:)))))))))))))))))))

Cheers

im guessing but im betting its locked.
ive only seen one guy here use a c3 so isnt much info on em.still a good oc. could try some pc150 can track it down on pricewatch.com

could try a softfsb or cpufsb at aoafiles.com.
works with some mobos

The C3s can't be unlocked becuase they're made the old fashioned way of "hide everything that's important". They also don't see much of a performance gain in doing so. The only noticable effect is in the reported numbers.

If you have your heart set on FSB boosting them you may need to pick up some PC150 RAM.
Edit:
deathstar13 said:
im guessing but im betting its locked.
ive only seen one guy here use a c3 so isnt much info on em.still a good oc. could try some pc150 can track it down on pricewatch.com

could try a softfsb or cpufsb at aoafiles.com.
works with some mobos
You beat me by a few seconds!

The real key to me here is this;

"I have a PC-Chips all-in one Motherboard...".

Personally, I wouldn't use one of their products to build a transistor radio with...:rolleyes: I've heard enough/experienced enough bad things about PC Chips/Amptron/etc... to keep me away from them.

But I digress...

If memory serves, the Via C3's are multi locked. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall this.

B.

Back