• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vid Pin mod on Old Celerons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TbC

Registered
I still have got a cel 566 & 633 here but with my asus p2b-f i cant change the core voltage. does the vidpin mod from the tualitins also work 4 them?

Last edited:
Yes, the "second generation" Celerons are Coppermines 533a to 1 gig (I think). The Celeron 566 and 633 CPUs that TbC was referring to are Coppermines or sometimes called second generation Celerons. If you have a Tualatin Celeron (third generation) you'll need to follow the Tualatin VID pinning guide listed in the "sticky" post.

Ok, maybe I'm misunderstanding here. Are you calling the 100 FSB Celerons or the cD0 Celerons "second generation" Coppermines? Doesn't matter, the pins are the same, but different steppings have different original default voltages, thus you might have to wrap different pin combinations. Again, the key is to look up and determine what your default voltage is and start from there to figure out which pins to connect for your desired end result.

Back