• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video card initialisation error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Indiana56637

Dear All,

Recently upgraded most of the components in my old pc, in particular:

MSI z170 gaming pro carbon
core i5 6600k
Gigabyte gtx 1080 G1

Several days after the pc was up and running, started getting some motherboard beeps on startup. I believe it may have been triggered by enabling an MSI 'fast startup' feature in the BIOS. I contacted msi with the beep code and was told it was a gpu initialisation error code.

When the power button is pressed the beeps happen, then the computer restarts and everything works fine. It happens around 75% of the time on startup.

However, I dont seem to be able to get back into the BIOS! The keyboard doesnt seem to initialise in time for me to press the delete key and access the BIOS. Im hammering away at the key, but then windows starts and the lights on the keyboard illuminate.

I dont want to end up damaging the video card, so I was hoping for some advice on either of these issues!

Many thanks

Reset the bios. That will disable the fast boot options and allow you to get into the bios.

Back