• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Virtual PC 2007 @ Linux OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Curious since I just tried this, today and to my admazement it installed Windows XP easily (shocked) without any driver support. So with that was wondering if it is possible ot install a Linux based OS on Virtual PC?

I'd love to give a whirl but taking my old PC out and hooking it up is a hell of a lot more of a hassle then firing it up on this.

Possible yes. How easy would it be, not certain. Why not give it whirl, if it doesn't work out it is easy enough to get rid of the virtual machine files.

I've installed several variations of Linux on VPC 2004, so I can't see any issues with 2007.

i've seen it done and used very effectively. i'm trying to learn more and more about linux recently but it takes a bit of time to be able to use it over windows. but what this guys got is 3 servers running w/in windows w/ virtual pc. web server, file server and some other server but this things one way to fully use a machine.

Yup I got it installed it was able to get XP Pro as well after a bit of research was able to get Utuntu installed as well. Pretty slick definatly happy playing with it.

Back