• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W7 Install on a P8Z68 V-LX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FishD

Hope i'm posting in the right forum...
Just starting a new build with a 2500k and a used LGA1155 mb i picked up. All appears to work, but on win7 install im getting a 'driver' required error at the initial install. I got the AHCI_RAID drivers from asus site, and the OS seemed to recognise it as a valid file, but would not proceed to install it. I tried more recent files from the intel site, but they are not even recognised. Any advise welcome.

20160808_203355.jpg
20160808_203418.jpg
20160808_204705.jpg
20160808_204752.jpg

Check the BIOS to see if it is set to RAID mode. Unless you are running a RAID array, switch it back to AHCI.

Thanks,
But it was already in AHCI mode. Tried it in all modes, including disabled and IDE, same result.

What's the mobo model? The one in your sig?

Sorry, didn't read the title.
Let me read around for any info.

It should just work out of box, I've never had this issue. I'd expect this on some obscure server board or something..

Is secure boot enabled in BIOS?
Also, IIRC there should be a CSM setting somewhere in the BIOS. I had it set to Legacy and UEFI on my P8Z77V-PRO..

Last edited:
Sorry, don't see an option for secure boot, or CSM setting. I have flashed the bios to the latest version, and set the bios to default settings. Same issue.

The message is saying a CD/DVD device driver is missing, Never heard of needing such a driver for the OS. I don't even have one of these attached!!

bios settings include.........
Settings in the bios include...
SATA MODE : AHCI
SMART STATUS: ENABLED
HOT PLUG: DISABLED (all sata ports)
LEGACY USB SUPPORT: ENABLED
LEGACY USB 3.0 SUPPORT: ENABLED
EHCI HANDS OFF: ENABLED (tried it both ways, same result).
ASUS MEDIA USB 3.0 CONTROLLER (BACK) : ENABLED.

Solved!! Had the install drive in a usb 3.0 instead of a usb 2.0 slot. (thanks to the guys at 7 forums for the tip).

Thanks to all who replied.

Solved!! Had the install drive in a usb 3.0 instead of a usb 2.0 slot. (thanks to the guys at 7 forums for the tip).

Thanks to all who replied.

I thought this was a SATA drive you were installing to :bang head
Yup, that'll do it, Win7 doesn't have native USB 3.0 drivers IIRC. At least it never does for me.

Glad you solved it!! :thup:

Back