• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warcraft 3 is silly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaHNZa

OK, when I play warcraft 3 I get my arse handed to me in the worst way. Especially when I do a custom game. Within 5 minutes the enemy is kicking down my door and destroying everything. Why is it so freaking hard? I can play other RTS games and biz-own all. :)D) Is it difficult for the rest of ya or is there something wrong with me?

i dunno... back when it was first out i played as well.. i dont know how they do it.. its nuts...

o well i dont play it anymore.. ut2k3 and bf1942 are more my speed

well i had the same issue and downloaded cheats but only used one warpspeed I think so I could build as fast as the computer. It is not fair they build so fast

i had the same problem and found that i could not beat the computer until i could beat the campaign on hard. that was a kick in the face, don't know how many times i played the last few levels but i found that the really did help me in custom games. All i can say is that your strength will be your heros, get them out fast and leveled up as fast as you can.

As far as defense goes, have you looked around some WC3 boards for a build order? I find that they will help you with the best use of resources when you only have a few to spare and none to waste.

perhaps, Oni could also shed some light on some of his tactics, he played it a lot too!

NAS

I usually play online, but sometimes it gets really frustrating. Most players now usually either:

a) tower rush. Boring and annoying.
b) rush. Spoils the whole game
c) mass one unit type.

Too many people play for the sake of winning, not for the sake of playing.

David

I agree with David on how WCIII is frustrating. I remeber getting rush at like mad with 3 computers. Totally destory my units and it seems like there's no competition between the computers.

that is why your computer opponent cheats well may sound weird but in case you don't know when you are playing a custom game the computer does not have fog of war and can see the whole map and all your moves, on the other hand you are totally blind, for starters i would suggest go in the options (of the map) and the turn the option on so you can see the whole map too, this is will be even more fair game play, once you have practiced enough and have gotten better you can try taking on the computer with fog of war on

David said:
I usually play online, but sometimes it gets really frustrating. Most players now usually either:

a) tower rush. Boring and annoying.
b) rush. Spoils the whole game
c) mass one unit type.

Too many people play for the sake of winning, not for the sake of playing.

David

Yeah, I hear that. That fscking sucks. Warcraft III is a strategy game. Rushing is not a strat. Massing is not a strat. Tower rushing is just retarded, and easily foiled (salad shooter, anyone?)

I've actually stopped playing online now. Too many retards on the battle.net. It was better in the first few weeks, 'cause everybody played to play. Now everybody just plays to climb the ladder.

Rushing - Valid strat, easily defended against though if you know what you're doing. But if you are in RT and your allies don't feel the need to help out it can be hard. I do mostly AT, so that isn't a problem. Even a very well coordinated rush shouldn't be too much to handle unless you tech too soon and leave yourself open. The rushers have the big disadvantage of having to actually attack the base. Each race except UD at the beginning has something in their base to defend against the rush. NE - Uproot AoW, moonwells. Orc - Burrows. Human - militia. UD will of course have their ghouls though so they shouldn't need that much extra help. Trust me, if you know how to play the game then fending off a rush isn't a hard thing to do.

Tower rushing - Scout scout scout, you should be scouting anyways. I got OT'd a couple times, and I haven't had it effectively used against me since. Just scout around your base and if you see any towers or peons you gotta get your allies and your troops over there ASAP. If you're NE be sure to use your ancients, they are great against OT.

Massing - Please. Any diversified force at the hands of a good player will defeat any massed army. In 1v1 especially. In 4v4 AT though, having one person get hunts, another casters, another heavy melee, etc. does work though. That's one case where having one person just mass one type of unit is effective. There really is no way to balance that though, since having one person specialize in one unit and the other in another type will always be more efficient than the two getting both types themselves.

Best way to get good is to play online, tons of strategies and you learn a lot about microing, countering, etc. Single player really doesn't teach you all that much.

There are a lot of cheap tricks, but you'll become better and better at defending them each time and the more you play the less effective they'll be. OT, Massing, etc. are for n00bs. Once you get past that n00b level that's where the strategy is. Microing and macroing. Remember, there is always a counter for everything. That's why scouting is important. You want to know what the enemy is getting, so if they're massing a particular type of unit you can surprise them with the best counter for that.

lovely game my son cheats to win I play to win and havent used a cheat on campaign, I only use the build faster cheat in custom games to get even with the computer and that would be all. Otherwise how do you learn with out expierance

cheating in single player is fine and dandy, but keep it their, and away from the multiplayer arena

cheaters nearly brougth down battle.net during diablo, and they copletely ruin the game for everyone else, cheats are still rampart.

also if someone catches a cheater in the act of cheating and sends blizzard the replay of the game as proof of cheating, your cd key will be revoked and neither of you will be able to enjoy multiplayer gaming, its a pitty it had to come down to that, but its effective. so just make sure te cheats stop in the campaign

oh yeah I totally agree with you I dont and didnt even cheat with Diablo II or I for that matter I dont beleive in cheating on line. It dont make it fair to others and I dont need my key revoked that is for sure. I dont play on line much anymores anyways

Cheaters suck, i cleared the whole campaign but i admit that when playing against computer in custom game i always turn on that option which clears up the fog of war, otherwise i feel its kind of unfair to me that computer knows my moves and i don't, and besides i suck too much in the game so i need a way to win :D

I hate having such a small army, there needs to be a patch so that you can turn off the unit cap as an option. It may kill bandwidth on battle.net though, but it would make the game much better.

I haven't played WC3 in a long time because of the unit cap.

I played the game for about two weeks, and the quit. I fealt let down by the game, as I was expecting it to be better than it really is. It has pretty good graphics, and an interesting story, but the gameplay is just really hard to get a grasp of. And I did get very dicouraged with the way that the comp can just build about 3 times faster than you can, and pretty much just come into your base whenever it wants and rape and pillage your village with no real way for you to be able to fight back. Maybe I just need more practice, but to me the game isnt as good as the first as far as the fun factor which is the #1 thing to me.

Yeah I was getting frustrated with Warcraft 3 as well, but I think it's because I'm not a very good player. I had to cheat from the middle of the human campaign all the way through to the end because I couldn't beat it fairly.

I love WC3. It is true that most ppl rush but as long as I have my good partners with me I am ok. To stop a rush all you gotta do is TP to whoever is getting rushed. Keep up your micro management and then counter the enemy.

Dark Disciple said:
I hate having such a small army, there needs to be a patch so that you can turn off the unit cap as an option. It may kill bandwidth on battle.net though, but it would make the game much better.

I haven't played WC3 in a long time because of the unit cap.

The unit cap is there to push the game towards microing your army, rather than macroing. War3 is a strategy game. Massing uints isn't a strat.

Back