• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Chiller Pix: A Tribute to SpaceRangerJoe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
150903-DSC01052.JPG

150903-DSC01053.JPG

150903-DSC01054.JPG

150903-DSC01055.JPG

Oh and just a note, the spiral D-Tek block is the devil with insulating, the hose were the retenchen screws are supposed to go threw are very hard to insulate and still be able to tighten down. As i said first thing im goin to is get a Whitewater/haake, Neslab chiller and try the project again, hopefully with better results :)

i had an idea like that but never went thru with it, i was going to use the small fridge like you, or even a really small freezer, but put as many coils of copper tubing as possable in there. once the copper gets really cold, would take a while for the warmer water from the computer to cool it all off... dont know how well it would work, but its works killer as a aquarium chiller

i wouldnt count on that to much. when i unplugged my fridge, but left the computer and pump going, my water temps went up about 10 degrees in 25 minutes or so. there was probably around 2 gallons of coolant in the fridge.

Back