• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Water Cooled Banchetto I7 2600k build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Been following this since day one, and I must say I'm in awe. Loved your bench build, but your tower is extraordinary! It's really making me consider a Xigmatek Elysium. I hope that one day my tower can look like yours.

Both the banchetto station and your full tower builds look awesome. You're making some people jealous... especially your server setup :drool:

Thanks. The server setup is a long time in the making but runs 24/7 flawlessly. It's a web hosting farm btw.

Been following this since day one, and I must say I'm in awe. Loved your bench build, but your tower is extraordinary! It's really making me consider a Xigmatek Elysium. I hope that one day my tower can look like yours.

It has so much space it's easy to make it look good :).

:drool: That is all!

But really. From the server rack to the Tower.....Amazing! :drool: :clap: :attn::rock:

In home server rack sure is kick ***. ;)

Sub'd... looks great! What color/model tubing you going with?

The tubing on the banchetto was Feser clear uv blue 1/2id 3/4od. The tubing on the zigmatek is tygon crystal clear 1/2id 3/4od.

I am thinking about changing the liquid to feser acid green soon.

Some pics of the server setup.

DSC_3692.jpg

DSC_3695.jpg

DSC_3697.jpg

DSC_3698.jpg

DSC_3699.jpg

DSC_3700.jpg

DSC_3701.jpg

New addition to the server room. Will be getting rid of two Dell PowerEdge 2850's.

Got a Dell PowerEdge 6950 that came with 4 dual cores. I have replaced them with 4 AMD 2.5ghz quad cores Opteron 8360SE and 32gb of ram (will upgrade to 64gb). Running 1tb sata drives in raid 5 with hot spare. Server OS is VMWARE ESXI 5.0 running several VM's with NIC Teaming. This thing is a beast with 40ghz of power.

How it looked before the 6950 arrival.

DSC_5578.jpg

With the 6950 and the retired 2850's powered down.

DSC_5664.jpg

Replaced with four quad core 2.5ghz opteron.

DSC_5667.jpg

Last edited:
Love, LOVE, LOVE those xigmatek fans!

Oh, and also your test bench, your mancave, your server, your Banchetto... actually - love the whole setup!

Just curious - do you work in an IT related field? All your gear are like corp grade toys. Sooo Jelly..

Love, LOVE, LOVE those xigmatek fans!

Oh, and also your test bench, your mancave, your server, your Banchetto... actually - love the whole setup!

Just curious - do you work in an IT related field? All your gear are like corp grade toys. Sooo Jelly..

Thank you. I work as a Systems Administrator for a government agency.

I do have a dedicate circuit for it. The temperature in the room is not bad at all. It averages around 75.

everything in this thread makes me jealous, mad, happy, upset, hard, and wishing i had a better job. well done Dado !

Update:

Got another 6950 (all the way at the bottom) so most likely once it's all said and done only the two 6950's will be online and all the 2850's will be sold. I will start migrating the physical servers (2850's) within the next few weeks.

DSC_5745.jpg

3 PowerEdge 2850's down, one more to go.

The 2950 at the bottom is from a buddy I am setting up vm's for.

It's an awesome 2950. Has 8 x 2.5 SAS drives 146gb 10k, 32gb of ram, 2 xeon quad cores 3.0ghz, and drac.

DSC_6354.JPG

Great build! I am just finishing up a smaller scale build and once it is done I planon doing something similar to this. Very great job!

Back