• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock Designs, Yes, again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As far as manufacturing ease would go it would be easiest to take a solid block of plastic and rout out the spiral design through the bottom first. Then rout out the thickness of the silver insert and then chamfer the ends of the hole and the silver. epoxy the silver in place and clamping pressure will keep it from ever coming loose. A two piece design. I think I've seen a few "coin blocks" like that but not sure how the guts were designed in them.

just my opinion, but you might want to reverse the flow in the block so the water comes into the middle. It will mean a difference of a few degrees in water temp hitting the CPU core.

Well I was planning on testing which way works better once I get it up and going. Water in through the middle out the side and then the other way as well.

Im mostly looking for ideas for what kind of pattern works the best. And of course just basic ideas that everyone has that are willing to share. The main drawback is I have limited tools and equipment to work with.
Thanks to all that have replied as of yet, and to those that will.
IFMU

hey this idea is kind of weird:

why dont you put the silver coin in the main chamber just loose so it floats around (assuming it is too big to fit through the outlet)

Ummm what would be the point of that? The silver would sink not float, and it would restrict water flow... thus restricting heat transfer..

mr_kow said:
hey this idea is kind of weird:

why dont you put the silver coin in the main chamber just loose so it floats around (assuming it is too big to fit through the outlet)

Ideas such as this have briefly crossed my mind as well, but after a second of thought the idea is easily proven to be bad.

You are trying to remove heat from the water block (which has removed the heat from the CPU or Peltier). Placing the object in the WB but not having it connected to the block itself will not help in transfering heat off of the water block.

Well like Ive said, Im possibly going to design it like above. However Im going to test it both ways.
In from the center, directly onto the die, out the side.
In the side, out over the die.

my inlet isnt directly over the core, the maze 3 isnt and they are both top performing blocks,

Back