• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like Jabtech and Sidewinders has them for about 50 bucks. I bought my two from Jabtech a little while back, shipping was about half the cost of most other places at that time (6 bucks).

I purchase from Microcenter when I can, because they have a shop nearby so I don't have to wait for items to be shipped. I HATE getting all excited purchasing things and then having to wait for them to arrive.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0245928

The rad is 60 bucks there.

About the res, you could always put a Y connection to the pump, with a quick disconnect to the reservoir. Once you set the system up you can just disconnect your res from the loop. I think I'm going to do this in the future, because mounting my res over and over is kinda a ***** since its not at the top of the loop. I have to turn the system on its side to load the fluid so that the res is the highest point.

1 if you can see the hole and
2 if its on a tank and
3 if you dont have money for a new one
4 you can get it welded up

just a question.why not use an electric ac fan,they come in all sizes.and you wouldnt be pushin it off your power supply.they come in large sizes and push more air quietly

just a question.why not use an electric ac fan,they come in all sizes.and you wouldnt be pushin it off your power supply.they come in large sizes and push more air quietly

then it's ac power and you need a relay.

current dc fans are plenty good.

Done and done... order that is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 117.90

I went with the non intergrated res since I already have one, it was more expensive, and the sidewinder was out of them. :bang head

:confused::( Sidewinders is moving however and the order will not ship until the 28th. I guess good things come to those who wait though. :santa2: :beer:

While I am able to remember, what about a decent fan controller. I have seven fans inside the comp. There will only be 6 after the rad comes in but still the point stands. A few general questions first however; does it only use 1 connector to supply power to more than one fan? Are they really worth it? Mind you that I am very low on connectors.

So as I impatiently wait for my new gear for my comp I found that I had some extra monies!!! Looking at SLI, found another GeForce 9800 GTX+ that I would like to get. Mind you that I am not familiar with SLI at all. I know that I need an adapter. Where from and what kind? :p A big thanks to anyone who replies to this seeing as how it is in the wrong category. :D

Other than that, any comments or general advice?

Last edited:
Great choice on the fans. I use them on my rad and love them. They'll last forever.

The fan controller I use is the Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme. It's strong enough to run two of those U.H.S. Panaflos per channel. It's got six channels that can put out 30W each. Only one rule - do not get one of the dinky 7W/channel controllers. You'll kill it with those fans.

To answer your questions: Yes, one PSU connector to power the controller and all of its fans. Yes, it's worth it!

I have one of those fan controllers. Works fine, only complaint is the stupidly bright LEDs in it. The LED's can be modded or replaced (or removed) easily enough -- not that I have gotten around to doing it!

Aside from that, plenty of power, works as you would expect.

Back