• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling works great!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unixadm

Well I was having some problems cooling my AXIA 1.33ghz, so I decided to invest in water cooling kit. I purchased an Aquastealth II system from BE Cooling, with the new Jagged Edge Copper Waterblock, and I also got the upgraded Aqua Coil radiator with the 120mm Panaflo. I then headed over to danger Den and bought some elbow connections, clamps, and his MUCH BETTER water block clip. I also bought the Lexan clip from Becooling, but since I wanted to test the setup without ripping my motherboard out, this worked extremely well. Before I had problems running at 1,450mhz, however now I'm at 1.5Ghz (155x10) on an Asus A7M266, stable at 1.84vcore. It's running pretty cool at 43C and I'm happy as can be. The Aquacoil has it's quirks, but everything else worked great. I'm sure I can hit 1.6Ghz. My Crucial PC-2100 (2x256mb ECC) is holding up very well at 155mhz 2-2-2. :)

I'll have to snap some pictures once I get everything mounted permantenly. Using ebows really cleaned up the hose routing and the waterflow through the system is great.

Hey, i have a7m266, and can't get my fsb above 139, it won't boot, and how did you change your vcore voltage.i am using aquastealth cooling too

Door Knob (May 11, 2001 07:05 p.m.):
I was gunna get the Aqua Stealth water pump. What do you think about it?

It's okay. It's quiet and seems to flow pretty well. However if I was doing like the CPU/Chipset/GPU, I'd go with a larger pump. I may go with an inline Ehiem 1048 simply because I do not like electrical stuff submerged in water. Ideally the cube could be bigger to hold more water (not taller, but wider).

slaveboy (May 11, 2001 07:10 p.m.):
Hey, i have a7m266, and can't get my fsb above 139, it won't boot, and how did you change your vcore voltage.i am using aquastealth cooling too

There is a 16 pin jumper block located on the bottom left of the board (by the AMR slot). You use that to set your voltage.

1.80:
jjoo
jjoo
jjoo
ojjo

1.85:
jjoo
jjoo
jjoo
jjoo

jj = JUMPER INSTALLED
oo = OPEN, No Jumper

Also I'm running the latest beta bios from Asus, and I put a little silicone thermal compound on the northbridge. I also did the multipler mod, but I'm not making use of it just yet.

Back