• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tat2monsta said:
between 30 + 33 idle and 45 is the highest ive seen

thats hot bro, i never hit that high with a big typhoon on my prescott, running at 3.7...

I've seen mine idle as low as 25 C, and about 36 C when gaming. If I'm overclocking my 4400, I put about 1.5V into my chip so those temps raise by about 5 degrees.

josh478 said:
thats hot bro, i never hit that high with a big typhoon on my prescott, running at 3.7...

And how do you know your motherboard sensors were correctly calibrated?

My P4 3.2e oc'ed to 3.84 gets 33Cidle/48Cload with a water temp of 29C, ambient of 25C. CPU temp measured via Onboard monitor AND a thermoprobe on the backside of the motherboard @ cpu location (it's more precise than the onboard monitor.) Water temp is taken from the radiator, and ambient temp is taken from the radiator air intake.

I never trust onboard readings, they can be off by +/- 10C at times, same applies to onboard voltage readings.

josh478 said:

lol its fookin warm in this house.. plus im oc'ed plus i got an oc'ed g-card on the same loop... my temps are fine

Nice job! That's a very clean setup.

How does it do in 3dMark? Dual 7800's :drool:

BTW, We can give you more specific tips if you give us your address and leave the house unlocked...

Back