• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WD120GB and Partition/Format Trouble!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albreck

I install Win Xp Prof, on the hd, then a few day ago there was a problem about a missin file, and try to repair it, but it dosen't work so run the xp setup again, when it ask about partition the disk I first erase all I mean ALL the partition and then enter the xp utility to create a new one, but the cpu freeze and after a time I reset the computer, and nothing, all black, enter the bios it read the cd drives and also the wd120gb disk, but when I try to format again or do something it just freeze again and again, try to run pq7 and it show a error on disk and don't start, and also fdisk and don read the disk, and linux but nothing work.... I know that now the disk have no partition, no format no nothing, how may I fix this BIG mess????????????????? :confused: help please!!!!!

WIldArm is probably right, but go to WD's site, and download and run their Data Lifeguard diagnostics. A Low Level Format utility is included, and that should be run in case you've managed to pick up a Master Boot Record virus. If the drive fails the Data Lifeguard test, you're on your way to an RMA.

Back