• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 11 how to delete windows recovery partition 980 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ptm

Registered
I installed windows 11, partially on a Samsung 980 pro. Had issues because no internet. So I downloaded the lan drivers for the mother board and also switched the one 980 pro for a second one. I thought there might be a problem since it only partially installed and figured I could reformat a 980 pro.
so I installed windows 11 on the second stick (only had 1 stick installed each time).
i got everything running, shut the computer down. Installed the other (first) 980 pro stick and it will not let me format the entire stick. It has a Partition for Windows Recovery on it.
i have tried going in to CMD as admin, disk list, selecting the disk, selecting the partition and deleting partition with the number and I get error cant do it. So looking online I see you need to add Override to the command when deleting. That doesn’t work either.
help….

Ok. this is solved.
Samsung support called me back.
so since I was wiping the complete stick after selecting the particular disk I had to type CLEAN and it wiped it.
then just had to initialize and format.
so simple

i had Acronis true image 2010, tried to download it but it doesn’t work on windows 11. Great program.

Back