• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird lines

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

hey guysm i got my self a new viewsonic P95+ and not even a month old, i am starting to see lines.... i dont know what they are or how to get rid of them... they are very fine lines either running accross or vertically, they only show on light colours, but still, it is very annoying. is it a defect in the monitor? or just a setting that has to be tweaked? im guessing its the monitor itself, so i might just have to get it fixed or replaced...
any suggestions?

raven

Always check the physical stuff first.
Cables, connectors, jacks, pins, etc...
It sounds like mabey an interference issue.

PsYcO CyBrArIaN said:
Always check the physical stuff first.
Cables, connectors, jacks, pins, etc...
It sounds like mabey an interference issue.

been there, done that... doesnt work

ok, so i stil havent been able to figure this out.
i have a viewsonic P95f+B and there are two very thin horizontal lines running at a third from the top and bottom of my screen. Is this customary to good quality monitors? necause it kinda annoys me. if anyone can fill me in on what all of this is... and yes.. everything is updated and connected properly.. i have made sure of that cept for maybe the mobo bios, but i dont think that has anything to do with it...

raven

there was a previous thread on this subject ... can't remember the title of the thread. at any rate, in certain types of crt monitors, those two liines are normal. They are two wires that hold something together (the aperture grill?) when the monitor heats up so it doesn't distort the image. nothing to worry about, you're just going to have to get used to it:)

edit: ah ha! found it

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201535

thanks... for a second there i thought that my tube was going on me:eek:

raven

Back