• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, I'm finally expected to get a Radeon RX 5600 XT soon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just installed it today and like what commonly happens, I ended up dropping one of the card slot screws! I almost had to shake the case to get it out, but I found it nearby with the head facing down. Whew!

I of course tested it with Unigine Superposition and Unigine Heaven 4.0. It beat that GeForce GTX 1660/Super! The other card I had in there, before this monster-sized one got installed, only had adequate room for a VRAM OC in most cases.

Today's the first time I OC'ed anything on the Radeon RX5600XT! At this time, only the VRAM was OC'ed. No more than 1.810 Ghz, even when I didn't push harder and see a failure, so far.

I just noticed that Unigine Superposition thinks I have a Radeon 5700XT, LOL!

Update: Looks like it has been only reporting RX5700XT in the final results screen. It still showed 5600XT during the benchmark.

Update #2: I dragged the slider to "1860", which usually makes the VRAM frequency at 185x Mhz. I completed Unigine Superposition 1080p high with the highest score, so far.

Last edited:
Today's the first time I OC'ed anything on the Radeon RX5600XT! At this time, only the VRAM was OC'ed. No more than 1.810 Ghz, even when I didn't push harder and see a failure, so far.

I just noticed that Unigine Superposition thinks I have a Radeon 5700XT, LOL!

Update: Looks like it has been only reporting RX5700XT in the final results screen. It still showed 5600XT during the benchmark.

Update #2: I dragged the slider to "1860", which usually makes the VRAM frequency at 185x Mhz. I completed Unigine Superposition 1080p high with the highest score, so far.

The 5600 XT is a nice card and capable of 1440p/ 60Hz with high (maybe not max) settings but what I found in my sample is the OC range was quite limited. The memory ended about where you have it and the core only gave up another 30 MHz topping at 1780.

Apparently, just to even get the GPU boost to go to 1.7x Ghz, I had to enable the GPU tuning and drag the slider for the max to 7 percent:

Radeon_RX5600XT_Benchmark_With_VRAM_OC_At_185xx_Mhz_And_Max_GPU_Boost_At_7_Percent.png

You can use the MorePowerTool to make modify the limits of what adrenaline will allow you to set the card to as well as control the SOC speed and voltage settings.

I found info on it here:
I have only tried it on a RX 5700XT but I think it would work with a 5600 too.

This is my results as an example.
FCC38BD6-A8A0-4204-8E14-3F03D0E9B427.png

I'm working on something at the moment! Just wondering what the safe limits are. I already bricked it by accident and had to reflash it with a card that don't even use any external connectors. (and temporarily put the RX 5600XT in the other slot)

I made a bone-headed screw-up, that's why there was a total boot failure.

Yes!

New_Radeon_RX5600XT_GPU_OC.png

Last edited:
I'm working on something at the moment! Just wondering what the safe limits are. I already bricked it by accident and had to reflash it with a card that don't even use any external connectors. (and temporarily put the RX 5600XT in the other slot)

I made a bone-headed screw-up, that's why there was a total boot failure.

Yes!

View attachment 212517
I’m not sure what the safe limits are for a 5600XT but I did find this searching. https://www.igorslab.de/en/radeon-r...-limits-and-benchmark-morepowertool-tutorial/

My advice is bump the speeds up slowly and test with something like 3D mark in a loop or play a intensive game to make sure the card is stable.

You can't kill a gpu these days (without bios/shunt mods)... too many protections in place. I heard these perform better with some underclocking and overclocking too.. ;)

One smaller problem. The GPU junction temp is usually higher by at least roughly 10C than "GPU current temp".

If I go to change the TIM, there's a good chance that I really will break the card!

That’s normal, my XFX 5700xt never went above 70c on core/mem (was usually around 50c-60c) but the hotspot/junction hit 90c-100c in day to day gaming and 110c on occasion when I was testing overclocks. AMD claims it’s part of the boost algorithm and it will run hot by default.

Back