• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I get a Radeon RX 5600XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

The only thing scaring me, is what possibly, is a slew of faulty "Navi" video cards!

I have my eyes on a Radeon RX 5600 XT. I was eyeing that Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5600XT on NewEgg! :thup:

I have a new build, walked into the West Lebanon, New Hampshire Best Buy on January 3, 2020 and got my first Ryzen build!

Congrats on the new build!!!!

Although there has been a spate of issues with Navi card drivers, the chances of it happening are really not that great (I'd be shocked if 5 of 100 people ran into issues). That said, just by licking my finger and pointing it into the wind (looking around forums) AMD is having more issues with drivers than Nvidia right now for sure. Would it scare me away from them? Probably not. :)

Go get you some 5600XT. And if it borks, blame me. :p

I would not fear an rx card, all the issues I have had with cards have been driver issues, self inflicted due to overclocking or just good old, old age.
just buy from A "real" vender, wish.com and one other that the name escapes me are good places to avoid.
places I often buy from, Micro center, Newegg, b&h photo, frys, performance pc.

That will serve you better than the APU for games, that is for sure.

I do know this: The Ryzen 3 "Picasso" decimates my Athlon X4 "Kaveri" at 4.0 and around there! Even with just 4 cores, I hardly see any CPU usage, even with new games that I have been running!

IIRC, PC MCC Reach CPU usage was near 100 percent with the "Kaveri". And thus, the "Kaveri" feels more like a dual core, more like I expect with a Pentium G3258.

The games I crave:

1. Halo Custom Edition 1.10, of course!

2. GTA V

3. PC Halo MCC

Last edited:
I do know this: The Ryzen 3 "Picasso" decimates my Athlon X4 "Kaveri" at 4.0 and around there! Even with just 4 cores, I hardly see any CPU usage, even with new games that I have been running! PC MCC Reach CPU usage was near 100 percent with the "Kaveri". And thus, the "Kaveri" feels more like a dual core, more like I expect with a Pentium G3258.
surely leaps and bounds better! IPC is much improved. But a 4c/4t cpu will hold several titles back..some quite a bit. 4c/8t is the minimum I would go... for an enthusiast, 6c/12t or better. 3700x is a great choice.

Here is a link showing the differences between an apu and desktop from last gen...

https://www.techspot.com/article/1803-are-quad-cores-dead/

I would not fear an rx card, all the issues I have had with cards have been driver issues, self inflicted due to overclocking or just good old, old age.
just buy from A "real" vender, wish.com and one other that the name escapes me are good places to avoid.
places I often buy from, Micro center, Newegg, b&h photo, frys, performance pc.

I will not buy from wish.com nor DealExtreme! And usually will not buy from AliExpress, ofc!

I most likely will get stuff from NewEgg or Amazon.

Back