• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What am i missing and forum first post just saying hi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pugano

Registered
Well let me start off by saying hi to everybody... I am new to this forum but at the same time I am not a noob. I am currently deployed aboard the U.S.S Cleveland with a unit of U.S. MARINES heading home after a trip to Iraq. I am a 3x IRAQ vet who has a big problem that is my computer I am addicted, anyway using some of my hard earned deployment paychecks I have ordered my new rig and I just wanted to know if anybody thinks I am missing anything

1.) CREATIVE SOUND CARD X-FI ELITE PRO
2.) PLEXTOR PX-716AL
3.) 2 WD 320GIG SATA 2 Drives along with 2 74gig raptors I had before
4.) Cooler Master Stacker 830
5.) 2 EVGA|GF 7800GTX KO's
6.) PS PC PWR & CLG | 510 SLI-PFC
7.) AMD 64 |4800+ ATHLON X2
8.) MEM 1Gx2|CORSAIR TWINX2048-3200C2PRO
9.) ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
10.) Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW

I am currently working on a water cooling parts for it I currently have thanks to a friend of mine who didn’t want it a d-tek FLOWMASTER XT and I purchased a Danger Den RBX A64 Copper 1/2" water block

anyway I look forward to hearing for you all I have been reading this forum for quite some time now and I figure now is good a chance as any to start posting

:welcome: to the forum and :welcome: home!
If you are not planning to overclock then the rig looks great. If you do want to OC then I would consider a socket 939 Opteron 175 and a DFI or Epox mobo as they are better overclockers than an Asus.

Looks sweet !!! :)
Whats speakers you got to pair with that Elite Pro ??? Or possibly some nice headphones as well.. Thats all I can see that you need.

rseven said:
:welcome: to the forum and :welcome: home!
If you are not planning to overclock then the rig looks great. If you do want to OC then I would consider a socket 939 Opteron 175 and a DFI or Epox mobo as they are better overclockers than an Asus.
well if i do decide to overclock this it wont be anything big my older rig will become my oc test box this current rig is too new for me to want to mess around with to much honostly im just going for a silent option here with 2 desktops and a laptop running in a room the size of an prison cell it all thoes machines get a bit loud heh.

WaTTz said:
Looks sweet !!! :)
Whats speakers you got to pair with that Elite Pro ??? Or possibly some nice headphones as well.. Thats all I can see that you need.

well im a big time music junkie also but i already have a set of logitech Z-5500 speakers i bought last year before i deployed so im just gonna stick with thoes all though i think there still pretty damn good for not being a professional grade speaker setup and as for headphones while i was in singapore i picked up a set of shure e4c's for about 140 american so i have both options right there

Back