• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Are Your Boot Up times?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine's 50 seconds from power button to desktop, on Arch Linux.

About 35 seconds after post to desktop. I'm not sure what takes this laptop so damn long to initialize power on.

This is on an old fashioned mechanical drive, a 160GB HITACHI HTS72201.

28-29 seconds from power button. SSD is godly! If I was on my old P5Q board, it would be cut down by about 10 seconds due to this stupid slow posting x58 board lol.

whoa...SSD sounds deliciously fast.
i use a pw on my Vista login...but my boot up time is more than 1 minute for sure, if you count all programs loading.
i take about 45secs to get to the desktop though :thup:

Me don't care 'bout no boot up times....I never shut down except for routine maint and when a software upgrade/update needs a reboot, and then I still pay no attention, as that is a good time for me to refill my coffee..(not that it takes that long)...but I have to get my coffee sometime, right? I also sometimes refill right after I click on "submit" or in this case "post quick reply"...and now I'm off to the pot for another cup of forty weight
right after I click on this button

Ok, just timed mine. 40 seconds from pressing the button to password login. Thats including my custom VGA BIOS that hangs the system for 5 secs before post (Stating "GTX 260: Tuned & Modded by: jmdixon85). About 15 secs from entering password to a very responsive desktop using Win7 Ultimate.

I'm at ~50 seconds from the time I hit the power button to the time I reach the desktop. This is including entering my p/w.

SSD definitely seems like the way to go though! Yet another thing to add to my wish list! :santa2:

5 seconds to complete desktop either using M$'s own power options for shutdown or AsRock Instant Boot, then another 10 seconds or so for the Nic to sync with the router, good to go....

usually let the rig do its auto shutdown, so I hardly ever totally cold boot unless I am tinkering with components....

laterzzzz......

Me don't care 'bout no boot up times....I never shut down except for routine maint and when a software upgrade/update needs a reboot, and then I still pay no attention, as that is a good time for me to refill my coffee..(not that it takes that long)...but I have to get my coffee sometime, right? I also sometimes refill right after I click on "submit" or in this case "post quick reply"...and now I'm off to the pot for another cup of forty weight
right after I click on this button
+1 :):thup:

About 45 seconds to dekstop when 'working' icon goes away (Raptor with bloated Vista install)

About 25-30 seconds to the same desktop with the SSD.

2 seconds from power on to ready... in 1985 on my old C64
about 60 seconds from power on to ready on my AMD 5000+ and Vista 64 bits. Granted the main boot disk is an older 200GB ATA-100 hard drive.

Back