• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What bridge to cross, and what month is it anyway???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Condor

OK. I've been overclocking my Pentiums for years. Now I am joining the ranks of AMD fans and I am confused. My Tbird 1.2Ghz chip (retail) arrived today. No HD yet so I can't really do much.) It is an AXIA chip (WhooHoo!) but I don't understand these bridge things.

I assume each gold trace is a "bridge". Or is each group of traces (L1, L7 etc.) a "bridge"? Some of these traces are cut, some are not. Should any of this worry me? Must I close any of those traces to maximize my OC potential?

And I understand there is a code for the month (and factory?) when the chip was made. Where is it and how do I decipher it?

Surely there is an FAQ about these issues but I couldn't find it on this site. Am I just not looking in the right place?

Many thanks to all you expert members, here. I've been lurking for awhile and learned a lot. But obviously not everything <g>.

Right now, the only group you have to worry about is L1. The traces should be all joined. I just got the same chip, and mine were, so I would think yours should be too. This is the group that indicated that the multiplier is unlocked. Ed seems to have more info on the codes than most, but you might try looking in the CPU database first.

Thanks, Stool.

All L1 bridges seem solid so I should be fine.

Now if someone could tell me how to interpret the month codes???

Thanks, all.

Back