• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what case and power supply do you recommend for this build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jellysandwich

x3120
p35-ds3r
3gb ram
8800 gts 640mb

main goal: cheap

that right there is about 8-900, so ive got about 3-400 more
for the case and power supply.

planning for minimal oc. case isnt that important, im more
worried about psu since i dont know how much power
the cpu/vid card will take.

what do you recommend?

jellysandwich said:
planning for minimal oc. case isnt that important, im more
worried about psu since i dont know how much power
the cpu/vid card will take.

what do you recommend?
corsair 520w psu will run all that just fine, a 620w would put you on the safer side of things if you want to overclock more

heh i have the 900, i love it too :) i dunno if my friend will like all the
blue leds though, well see

what kind of oc you think he can get with the corsair 520w?

If he doesn't like too many LEDs you can get the NZXT Zero case. I love it. Or you can just replace all the LED fans in the Antec 900.

well he decided on the antec sonata, had a nice deal after rebate :/ thanks
for the psu recommendation though!

How much is the Sonata before the rebate so we can better figure out how much you can spend on the power supply?

the Sonata's come with their own PSU's not even crappy ones too I believe. The Sonata III has a 500 watt PSU wich should run that setup just fine as long as you don't add 4 HDD's or something later.

Alternatively: Antec 900, Centurion 5 or Thermaltake Soprano with the Corsair HX520 or a OCZ GameXStream 600 watt. The 900 is pretty expensive though and if the build won't see any overclocking then that massive airflow is wasted, it is a damn fine case though. :)

edit: nvm, saw you allready ordered :p (Hope he got the sonata III and not the II)

Back