• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think of this card? EVGA GTX 670

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anonymous22x

Registered
so i need a new video card, i want it for running games like battlefield 3 and supporting 2 monitors(ill probaly get another card and run it in sli for my 3rd monitor) do you guys think this is a good card for me? i also want to do a watercooling loop in the future, show i go for this card or upgrade to the 680?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130782
or should i go with the superclocked verison cause its only 20 bucks more but can't i overclock the stock card myself? what about the ftw verison
thanks for all the help

i apologize but what is IMO and what are the advantages of having a full sized PCB

oh okay thanks man, i'll definatley take a look at that card i just think asus makes the ugliest graphic cards, i have a p9x79, but i just don't like their video cards, but thanks though :)

All good :D

This EVGA 670 has a full size pcb and is also a great choice

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130787

IMO = In My Opinion

Full size PCB will promote better overclocking.

Asus model i linked is the quietest and coolest 670 available today.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/

I was about to post links to those exact same two cards. +1 to those suggestions. :)

what about watercooling? would a more waterblocks be available for a full sized pcb or the standard 670

I would imagine that EK would release a fullcover block for the ASUS DirectCuII, as they have done in the past.

so i read something and i need someone to validate it, the ftw model uses the 680 pcb so i could use a 680 waterblock for the 670 ftw, is this correct?

Last edited:
There are universal blocks, which just cool the GPU itself. They're called universal because the manufacturer usually just has to release a new mounting kit to attach it to new cards.

Full-cover blocks are designed for to cool the entire card, but as a result they only work on that specific card. Because the ASUS DirectCuII version of the card is so popular, EK usually releases a full-cover block specifically for that card.

thanks for the picture, yea i understand the difference, but i was thinking of a full waterblock

now im basically deciding whether to get the ftw version or not, i like the look of the vanilla one alot more, but the specs are better for the ftw, do you think they will have full waterblocks for the evga gtx 670 soon?

now im basically deciding whether to get the ftw version or not, i like the look of the vanilla one alot more, but the specs are better for the ftw, do you think they will have full waterblocks for the evga gtx 670 soon?

680 waterblocks fit the 670s that utilize the full 680 pcb

Back