• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think of this SSD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoomeDx

Alright, I actually have 2 questions.

1. What do you guys think of this low budget SSD? http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Samsung/MZ-7PC128B-WW/987977/. I personally dont have alot of money, so this SSD seems great to me. for a 500mb/s SSD that is..

Also, my second question: Will my Windows 7 performance improve with an SSD? Like faster usage of Windows Explorer? And opening stuff like the Configuration screen?
Because im not quite happy with my desktop performance on my Sata 3 HDD, i5 3750k

Thanks!

Alright, I actually have 2 questions.

1. What do you guys think of this low budget SSD? http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Samsung/MZ-7PC128B-WW/987977/. I personally dont have alot of money, so this SSD seems great to me. for a 500mb/s SSD that is..

That is one of the best, if not the best, SSDs on the market.

Also, my second question: Will my Windows 7 performance improve with an SSD? Like faster usage of Windows Explorer? And opening stuff like the Configuration screen?
Because im not quite happy with my desktop performance on my Sata 3 HDD, i5 3750k

Thanks!
It should help somewhat. But it depends on what is making it slow in the first place. Opening explorer should be pretty fast on what you have now. It is quite possible you have something else wrong as well.

EDIT: Also that is like 35€ cheaper than anything I've seen hereabouts. I'm really jealous.

That is one of the best, if not the best, SSDs on the market.

It should help somewhat. But it depends on what is making it slow in the first place. Opening explorer should be pretty fast on what you have now. It is quite possible you have something else wrong as well.

I dont know, i did multiple reinstallations. And for some reason, when my windows is fully booted, it takes about 5 - 10 seconds to open google chrome :/

My full system:

i5-3570k (cooled by an Hyper Evo 212+, 4,6Ghz)
EVGA Geforce GTX570
8GB DDR3 G.Skill
WD 200(somethingsomething) 500gb Sata/600
Windows 7 ultimate 64-Bit.

Edit: Thanks for your reply ! :)

I dont know, i did multiple reinstallations. And for some reason, when my windows is fully booted, it takes about 5 - 10 seconds to open google chrome :/
If you've done multiple reinstalls and it hasn't solved it, it could be that your drive is on the fritz.

Back