• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHat is the best air cooling for overclocking????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kamerat said:

Take a look at this test.
Ranking (based on "Load Temp (3rd day)"):
1. Shin Etsu G-751
2. CoolerMaster Premium (w/Shin Etsu)
3. Diamond & Artic Silver 3

then you look at this thread:http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=134368&goto=newpost

and read colin's comment in particular:
originally posted by Colin
Unfortunately the Inside Project review was done with:
"Hardware monitoring by using a flat thermal probe placed next to the CPU die underneath the shim and HSF"
Any movement of the probe when changing compounds or any contamination by the compounds invalidates the results. Not to mention the severe secondary heat path. It’s sad that so many hardware Sites have such terrible test methodology.

and also freeloaders comments on how he did not experiance anywhere near as much luck as the tester did with "shin-Etsu g571"

Finally, add the fact that i have tested the coolermaster compound and indeed do get 1-2c drop in temps over as3.
are you seriously going to proclaim that the shin-etsu is the best purly based on the fact that 1 single person says it is?

in light of these facts, and my own experiance, i believe that the coolermaster is the best so far

Last edited:
I think I was just too exited by that test... But it looks like you bougt the CoolerMaster compound based on that test, do you have any other sources than yourselv that can prove that the CoolerMaster compound is better than Artic Silver or other compounds?

no i dont. I actually brought it at a local store just before the test was posted here.
As i said the test did show the same improvement that i saw over as3. but can i prove its better? no, i can't.
Its better for me, yes, but i cannot say it definatly IS better than as3 because nobody has seen enough evidence to prove that it is.

Which is why i said:
originally posted by james.miller
in light of these facts, and my own experiance, i believe that the coolermaster is the best so far
and not, "it IS the best"

it certainly performed better for me, at least

Back