• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED What is the best way to aply the compound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
K

kain

i just bought a tube of the theremo grease and i was wondering what is the best way to aply it?

Just put a small amount (just enough to cover the core of the CPU) and use any kind of card (old ATM or Credit cards works very nicely) and spread it over the cpu core evenly. Remember you need to apply very thin layer just to fill the gap between the CPU core and the HSF.
Although Thermal Grease will do the job, I recommend getting Arctic Silver II since they provide much better cooling performance.;D

Thermal compound shurelly makes a difference... Remember.. Just a litle.. just to fill the small air gaps (air is insulator...).. If you put a large quantity you will increase the path to the heat achieve the heatsink and will be prejudicial... You may use your finger to aply it... Move the heatsink against the cpu core to be shure the compound will close the gaps and spread any excess from where it shouldn´t be... The secret is in the litle quantity Ok! Good luck.

I put a little bit on the cpu core and then spread it VERY thin using a razor blade. Works Great!

Back