• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Mouse do you use for Gaming Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What mouse do you use for gaming

• Logitech MX500 or MX510

Votes: 235 32.2%
  • Microsoft Optical tilting mouse

Votes: 69 9.5%
  • Wireless Logitech MX1000 or MX700

Votes: 186 25.5%
  • Wireless Microsoft Optical mouse

Votes: 46 6.3%
  • Razor Boomslang

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Razor Viper

Votes: 37 5.1%
  • Logitech Rollerball

• Microsoft Rollerball

• Plain Jane No Name Optical mouse (Corded or Wireless)

Votes: 90 12.3%
  • Plane Jane No Name Standard BALL Mouse.

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Trackball of somesort.

Votes: 26 3.6%

• Total voters
Blazin Trav said:
None of you can say anything until you've tried a Razer Viper, Boomslag, and in Novemeber the Diamondback.
i own a Viper, its now on my dad's p1 laptop. i used it for about about 2 months before i dumped it after using the mx510 for about 15 minutes. i've tried almost every mouse that had been raved about. even the mx700 that supposedly has no lag, but was very noticable when i used it. the basic logitech models and all the MS mice are subpar imo for gaming performance wise.

Last edited:
If you're too lazy to click the back buttonon your web browser, then you shouldn't be using the computer.
what back button? i removed that long ago in firefox as my mouse does it for me :D
j/k its still there even tho i dont use it.im not lazy i just prefer the ease of my mouse buttons.

MX510 baby all the way!

now in saying that im gonna reasearch the razor diamondback,and mabey buy one and at least try it.
id hope it has the extra buttons and if so it MAY get web surfing duty also.
but comfort by design would decide that.

another thing to point out is the viper has teflon feet while the mx510 doesn't, i can see how this would throw some people off. i base performance on what goes on on the screen, not what goes on on the mouse pad. i haven't even found the need to use teflon on my mx510

DreamingWolf said:
MX510 (modded by removing the internal and useless metal weight slab) and N52. Never go near my keyboard. :attn:

DWolf:cool:
strange, well i guess i am. i don't know why but i like me a heavy mouse. i was looking at the n52, but didn't want to risk wasting $ on it. do you guys recommend it?

is there a difference between the mx510 and the mx700 besides the fact that the 700 is wireless? i'm trying to decide between the 2...

SURVAY SAYS? VIPER SUX!

lol j/k :D
there is a reason why the mx510 is winning and why i knew it would in this poll.
not becouse logitech makes it,but rather its what logitech made.

price is lower than the razor
more added functionality with buttons
better erginomic design- i know this one is arguable

people here just dont buy cheaper pieces of equipment unless they can proove its the right move,price alone doesnt guarentee its the best.

now bring on the diamondback and that will be a tough battle.

Microsoft Optical wireless tilt mouse. Awesome price. 30 bucks cheaper than Logitecs, and it works great. In fact the signal is so strong that I can use the mouse on a wall that is 7 ft away from the computer and it still registers. Great buy.

Blazin Trav said:
None of you can say anything until you've tried a Razer Viper, Boomslag, and in Novemeber the Diamondback.

I can say something as I have tried them all, Boomslang and Viper. And the Mx510 is still my gaming mouse of choice ;)

Perhaps if the Diamondback has more than 3 buttons that will become my mouse of choice. ;)

I use a MX500 and n52. I'll be looking at the diamondback. I want a better dpi and I am not all that fond of the shape of the MX500 since I like to use both right and left hands. Right had is for gaming and I like to use my left for everything else. Keeps fingers from getting sore.

Silversinksam said:
If I had more than 10 option for the poll I would have added these:

Shock Mouse

The Yodums Pink Fuzzy Mouse

The Fuzzy Magnetic ball for Health Mouse

The Mouse for the Guy with sweaty palms

The Martha Stewart Mouse

The Mouse For your kids (Rumour has it Newbie Doo uses one of these) :cool:

lol
Zzaapp!! Shock your friends with shockingly fun, but harmless joke. Secretly replace the mouse on the intended victim’s computer. Wait for the victim to return and laugh hysterically as your victim gets zapped! The Shock Computer Mouse looks very realistic, featuring scroll wheel, power cord, and left and right mouse buttons. Not recommended for children under 10 years of age. Not recommended for adults over 60 years of age or in poor health.

*zapp1!* Darn! i shoulda knew somthing was fishy when i noticed my mx510 turned silver!..

Ive never used a viper. When deciding what to buy, I strongly considered it, but the buttons on the MX510 won me over.

mx700 here.
I use it mostly cause it came with my MX duo set but I am dying to try to new MX1000 (the shape of looks like it would fit better in my hand).

Back