• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The AM2 socket has blockouts where FX has pins so it shouldn't even be possible to put it into the socket without removing one or two pins. But if its working lucky score!

The AM2 socket has blockouts where FX has pins so it shouldn't even be possible to put it into the socket without removing one or two pins. But if its working lucky score!

I'd have to study it more closely, but aside from some somwhat randomly bent pins, it seemed to be 100% in tact and working as pristine :D (I'll check it out and take a shot of the bottom of the cpu when I pick it up-- I'm feeling less and less bad for this guy haha)

turned up bright early monday morn. still to come: another evga 670sc another quad 32gb ram a logitech G510kb and asus vg278he and the windowed side pannel for the 600t :)

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 126
These arrived via UPS this afternoon... sweet Sammies. :thup:

Attachments

• P1030708.JPG
    P1030708.JPG
    816.6 KB · Views: 131
got this to get my WRT300n back. i do have a buffalo router coming in though......GF8OCAWN76489 WE-8T6

EDIT: omg the forums uploader actually agreed with this picture! from now on, im taking pictures with my LG800.

P111512_2055.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These arrived via UPS this afternoon... sweet Sammies. :thup:

Mmmm..god those things are nice :clap:

The 8350 I acquired is golden! I pulled it out of the board I have been testing it on, and can't find any missing pins at very close inspection. When I take it home tonight, I'll post the pictures I took (Of it and the old board)

I didn't notice just how badly the processor was seated in the AM2 socket (Yes, they definitly do NOT fit, hence a few slightly bent and one severely buckled pin). I got a funny picture on my cell of the whole thing put together, with the HSF attached.. I took a shot from the side, showing that the CPU is sitting so far out the socket you can actaully see the pins!

I'm not really sure who this guy was, who he talked to, or why the crap he thought forcing a cpu into an old board would work, but man am I lucky the CPU survived the ordeal :attn:

The mobo was an Asrock, and I can't breathe life into it. Guess I'll take it out back and shoot it :shrug:

Finally snagged one, and now i have one and got time to install it my keyboard has packed up :rain:(enter key has fell off) and my spare is a PS2 connection which the MVG does not have:bang head, i have got one on click and collect at pcworld for later on this evening so should be up and running for tonight. I have got absolutely no idea how to work a intel cpu, what with being a AMD fanboy for so long, this platform is totally alien to me and no doubt you will see me asking loads of questions around the forum in the next few weeks, and i will apologise in advance for the noobishness of them :rolleyes:

image-4.jpg
To the darkside i have turned :borg:
image-5.jpg

Benching table

Now reading, re-reading, re-re-reading all the guides on how to insulate a motherboard for sub-zero. Finally getting caught up with everything and want to get the phase unit working!

Attachments

• IMAG0347.jpg
    IMAG0347.jpg
    826.2 KB · Views: 89
My recent insulation processes:

Current:
1. Paint back of board with Liquid Electrical Tape (LET)
2. Cover back of board with FrostKing
3. Cover top of board with melted vaseline, applied by syringe

I'm gonna try to get off the vaseline bandwagon though, and start using LET on the top of the board as well. I think its giving me socket contact problems as it tends to creep into the socket and I think thats causing cold bug issues.

Benching table

Now reading, re-reading, re-re-reading all the guides on how to insulate a motherboard for sub-zero. Finally getting caught up with everything and want to get the phase unit working!

:D

A good thing to get an idea of how cold spreads with phase is to shove the evap head into a cup of water. Then measure how long it takes to actually freeze the water (just as a note.. its FOREVER). Eraser around the socket+on the back and a layer of armaflex+ paper towels on the top and you're good to go.

My recent insulation processes:

Current:
1. Paint back of board with Liquid Electrical Tape (LET)
2. Cover back of board with FrostKing
3. Cover top of board with melted vaseline, applied by syringe

I'm gonna try to get off the vaseline bandwagon though, and start using LET on the top of the board as well. I think its giving me socket contact problems as it tends to creep into the socket and I think thats causing cold bug issues.

Not just going to conformal it/dragon skin it?

Ya I dunno about the spray. But I'm comfortable doing the painting on GPUs, so just going to carry that over to the top of the board. I don't know how dragon skin differs from LET, but again, I'm accustomed to LET and I haven't used dragon skin before.

Thanks folks. Rather than drag this thread sideways, created a new one in the extreme cooling sub-forum. Your thoughts/guidance are very much appreciated!!

You know, the usual.

P1010111.jpg

3x1gb G.Skill Ripjaws 9-9-9@2000 (Single Sided BBSE)
2x1gb Patriot Viper 8-8-8@1866 (unsure of IC going to rip off heatspreaders)

You know, the usual.

3x1gb G.Skill Ripjaws 9-9-9@2000 (Single Sided BBSE)
2x1gb Patriot Viper 8-8-8@1866 (unsure of IC going to rip off heatspreaders)

Ok, so you finally admit you have a problem...that's a good start. :rolleyes:
I have some of those black ripjaws, but 2gb sticks, cl7-7-7-24 1600mhz ones...
Haven't seen 1gb sticks in a while now xD

hope you got a good deal and a warranty one those headphones

well i got them with my new 7 series 55" samsung so they dropped them to cost price of 167 i think. aswell as a new samsung 10" tab. they known for dying are they cause they sound fantastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back